Action 6 puck R154 ceramic/metallic sprung disk Ok with stock pressure plate

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
what di you hate about it? i mainly drive my car no lauching or drifting or burnouts........i was told it feels like stock but gripper clutch disk. i know you can get a eclutchmaster kit but typing it in google brings up more neg then positives....

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The stiffer pressure plates make it easier for your foot to modulate the pedal... which is important when you have a clutch disc with no marcel (the marcel spring helps the stock style discs engage like butter). You have to be really smooth letting it out and dwell at the engagement point just right to take off smoothly.

I remember my first "puck" clutch test drive... lol. "Ok, let it out slowly and.... *BAM* *restart engine*.... ok slower next time." It was also great being the only person around who had a girlfriend who could not only drive stick, but also rev matched downshifts out of habit.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Yes Stock pressure plate will work and is okay with Action 6 puck disk. But honestly, if i were you, get a better pressure plate than stock. I had my stock pressure plate fail on me twice. I purchased ACT stage 3 or 4 Clutch kit for my supra and never looked back. That's just my 2 cent on that. If you going to spend some money on it. Do it once. Do it right.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Never had a new/reman pp fail. That seems kinda odd.

With stock pressure plate its not all the stiff and you have a lot of leeway being able to slip it. Pucks dont like to be slipped. They like to be on or off.

Nothing wrong with a act clutch.

Cant really feel the grippyness either. Its either grabbing or its slipping. I switched out my 6 puck/stock pp for a reman pp and stock disc and was much happier.

Now i ahve the 2800lb pp and 6 puck and love it.

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
im a cheap skate haha already got a good stock pressure plate. aslong as it hold for normal driving thats fine the stock lasted me 2 years ive got a single turbo. reason it died was doing something stupid........but i saw on dritmotion site it could be used with stock disk.... i love driftmotin you are so lucky in america!!,

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you have a 7m all the turbos are single.

Also 7m's dont like cheap skates. Id stop that soon or else youll be doing things over and over for no reason other than a shitty part. If your going to spend money on something its always better to buy something thats of quality. Price doesnt always reflect that either.

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
lol nah its a 1JZGTE with the stock clutch it lasted quite along time.....as long as it holds it im happy I aint gonna be doing any big clutch drops, drifting, burnouts just going to be driven normally! hmmm but you guys have made me think about it though hmmmm

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
one thing that is confusing me is alot of the adds say 25% 80% clamping force but no added pedel pressure??? I thought more clamping force would make it harder to push??

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, if the friction coefficient is higher for the disc's material, it'll increase clamping capability,
but that estimate is sometimes overinflated, and also refers to a new pressure plate being used, not an old one.
I have a six puck sprung hub with a stock PP and it slips a bit. Going to be buying a Spec 2+ soon.
If you're looking for a true increase in clamping force, you're right- get a higher load pressure plate, and get a
full-face disc; stronger and smoother.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sure, that's the best option.
But I wanted to ask- what HP do you need to hold for the foreseeable future?
I ask, because i was told a good pressure plate plus a stock-style(smooth engagement) disc will
handle better than 400+ hp. that's why I'm going to a Spec clutch, and ditch the chattery on/off 6-puck.