ACT or RPS???

CrazyHorse26

Formerly Puerto
Aug 2, 2011
Long Beach, CA
i looking into replacing my clutch for a R154 to a stage 3, but i need a lil advice and ive heard up and downs about these, so which should i choose an ACT Stage 3 or RPS stage 3 clutch kit?

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I have hybread

hpf fermaic and act persure plate good combo I find will hold in the 600 range for how long not sure mabye some els can chime in on that one

there are rummers running around that the rps 3000 will cause crank walk, some poeple one person I know is eric and some other run it an have no issue's

but the stroungest single you can get is rps mixed with iron plate or a fermic

one thing thou stay spung on stock r154 it will last alot longer

some of the wheeler guys run the malin cralwer upgrades most importian the thust washer since they removed the oiling groves witch case it to snap and wreak havick mix wiht worn retainer plat ect etc etc

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
Rps quality is not what it used to be. I'd suggest a look at carbonetic. We've pulled 5 rps twin disks in favor of the carbonetic. Very very light pedal pressure. Its a bit grabby as they don't like to slip but you can rebuild it yourself without huge bills.

But if you are going rps or act, act hands down.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
No talk of Spec.
Is Spec sub-par to both of these?
I was considering the Spec 2+. I want a street-friendly clutch that can handle 400-450.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Dude buy an ACT and never look back, I just sold my supra and the first thing I did was put in an ACT 6 puck. We run the same ACT 6 puck in my uncles 550+rwhp 2jz ran it for 3 seasons with that power and just replaced it this winter not because it was worn out, but because it was cheap enough to just do it and not have it on our minds.

I ran a 4 puck clutchmasters clutch in my 700+hp 7M and had good luck with it also.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I am not hacking act in any way, hell I run one just with a better 6 puck disk

the only issue I have with mine was it just worn out faster then any normal clutch out there, so I went with a bronze then it wore out and had the disk repucked with fermic this time around.

exedy just makes there super twin plate withc is one bad ass clutch light weight and will last BUT IT IS PRICEY but cheepr then any other twin plate out there.

when my clutch goes again I am going to jump to the next step and that very well might be an exedy

for the big reduction in weight and over all higher clamping force

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm looking into a twin disc of some sort if the current setup turns out to not hold enough to still be fun in the future. If what I have in there now won't hold what I'm setting up, a stronger single disc would NOT be comfortable to drive... Plus, aren't twin clutches smaller in diameter?