A/T help = Paypal $$$

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
Okay guys im really in a jam. I have a 1991 with A/T. I recently installed a used tranny and it did not work so I brought it to the shop I bought it from and they installed another one for me. The second one is not workin properly either. I have spent alot of money for them to fix the problem and they spent 4 days on it and cannot figure it out. The tranny will go in R and 1st but will not shift up so its stuck in first. They checked out the tranny and say it appears to be good. They also changed the speed sensor in the tranny. They cant figure it out but they said they jumpered the wires comin from the tranny and the clutches lock like they are suppose to and say it must be a ECU problem or there is another computer that controls the shifting thats not working. If anyone can help me diagnose/fix the problem I will paypal $15.00 for their time!!! Its my only car right now!!

Thx
Eric

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
PorterzSupra said:
No, its not
no prob.:icon_bigg
hmmm try unpluging the ECT ECU.... then go out and see if you can shift from L to 2 to D.....if you can do it that way then im pretty sure its that. its easy to get to just remove that small piece of plastic thats on pass. side right beneath the glovebox and to the right....the plug is on the bottom

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
THX!! paypal sent!

What does ECT stand for?
How does it work now that I unpluged it?
What does it do?

Is the ECT for the NA and turbo interchangeable?

Last edited: