A Supra owner in need of some help in Fort Worth.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Julia, who bought my 86.5 Supra is in need of some help. The right rear strut snapped causing the right rear tire to be destroyed. She is at home now trying to put a new strut in. A friend has already done the other side but was unable to help her today. She is having a most difficult time trying to get the bottom part of the strut bolted in. See attached pic. She said she's not strong enough to do it herself. I am at work until tomorrow morning and am unable to. Is there anybody in the DFW area that could help her today? PM me if you are and I will get you in touch with her.

I know she'd appreciate it and I would too.

Ken

Attachments

• ATT2057261.jpg
    ATT2057261.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 47

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Heavy plastic mallet? Hell, I doubt tapping it in with a small hammer would damage anything. Or you could easily use a pry-bar to nudge it in place. Extra leverage will most definitely help.

Or, assuming the car is steady on jack stands, use a bottle jack to lift the hub assembly up to the bottom of the strut. She'll get used to using her imagination with these cars. :) If I were even remotely close, I'd help for sure.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
There is a slide there, gotta put a prybar in there to spread it out and then it will go in fine. Doesn't show it in the TSRM though...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Make sure she is taping the pressure ring on the inside, back out. Otherwise it won't go in.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I so just got turned on knowing a chic is working on her car!! Wish I could help but it's hot that your doing it yourself! Now if only I could get my girl to even be interested in cars I'd be a happy man!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
sorry i couldnt come put the other one in julia, my car is giving me hell right now and im having to run everywhere for parts