A few questions

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Davenport, Florida, United States
I wanted to know that if I were to go with some 550cc injectors will i have to upgrade my fuel pump??? I mean my car is stock right now but what should i do to prevent my car from running rich, will 550's on a stock motor even cause damage??? Like what are some roads i should take to prevent my car from running dangerously rich, maybe some spark plug and wires upgrade??? Turning up the boost??? Need help

turbomk3

Apr 1, 2005
if you dont have sufficient mods that need the injectors then there is no need to get them...i would take the money and invest it somehwere else in your car

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
550's plus a Lexus V8 AFM run pretty close to stock, no fuel changes required.

The thing is, this mod was originally designed to overcome fuel cut when the ECU decides that we are pushing too hard. Today, we can do the same thing with a MAFT and a GM MAF for a whole heck of a lot cheaper.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
the rule is one horsepower per one CC. so technically they should be able to do 440 horsepower, as our stock injectors are 440cc's.

however, you also dont want to run the injectors at full duty cycle.. so maybe a safer bet on the stock injectors is 380 horsepower.

HOWEVER! you must remember that our injectors are at least 10 years old, are they flowing how they should be? who knows............catch my drift?

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Davenport, Florida, United States
lagged said:
the rule is one horsepower per one CC. so technically they should be able to do 440 horsepower, as our stock injectors are 440cc's.

however, you also dont want to run the injectors at full duty cycle.. so maybe a safer bet on the stock injectors is 380 horsepower.

HOWEVER! you must remember that our injectors are at least 10 years old, are they flowing how they should be? who knows............catch my drift?

LOL thanks man, yes i caught ur drift. So about 380hp, because i might buy some new 440cc injectors, so I was just curious, thanks again man.

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
I had 550's and lexus, ran so rich i had piston wash. I won't do it again without AFPR, fuel tunning(SAFC), and if you want to go over 14 psi boost you need a new fuel pump(at least thats what i've heard) walbro is dirt cheap and a worthy upgrade.

Supraholic

Mar 31, 2005
Houston, TX
550s + Lexus + AFPR at 30 psi still makes my car run rich.. so much that it does not pass inspection.. fails on HC content... If I set the pressure at 25 psi, the car runs crappy... surges.. all kinds of trouble..