A/C wiring and A/F ratio questions

I have removed most of the A/C components, i left the fans in with hopes of using them to help my engine run a little cooler, the fans will not activate and i was wondering if there is a way to wire them up so they will work. Another thing i noticed was the reading from my apexi turbo timer, at idle the A/F ratio is pretty good at 14.6, but with a wide open throttle it goes down to 10 and starts to flash, another reading that i wasn't sure about was the o2 sensor reading, at idle it is normal but with a wide open throttle it goes above 3.30, is this normal or do i need a new oxygen sensor or is it just the way the turbo timer is set up? thanks for the help.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well

seems like the car is actually working how it is supposed to ;)

The fans (one or two?) will not come on until the car is HOT. I mean BLSITERING HOT!

The AFR is actually fine but.... are you using the stock sensor to "read" the o2 or a wideband?

figgie;1136600 said:
well

seems like the car is actually working how it is supposed to ;)

The fans (one or two?) will not come on until the car is HOT. I mean BLSITERING HOT!

The AFR is actually fine but.... are you using the stock sensor to "read" the o2 or a wideband?

im using the stock o2 sensor, the turbo timer is spliced into the wires goin to the ecu to give me the readings. im talking about the two fans, are they controlled by the a/c unit or are they the actual cooling fans?