A bunch of water in my Stock Exhaust

KINGPIN33

Apr 3, 2005
Canada
I recently took off my stock cat-back to repaint the muffler black and put on my DP. I noticed that there was as significant amount of water in the resonator. It was like it was FULL of water!... Mind you the car hasn't been driven for a super long time and its been worked on slowly as I get time.

One thing that shocks me is that I cannot get the water out! I waved the exhaust around in the air trying to drain the water out the resonator but nothing came out. Something is weird... Not even a single drop of water will come out and I can clearly hear the water slushing around in the resonator...

What's going on?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That's simply condensation.
A good long drive will take care of most of it, and the rest will disappear over time as long as you don't take short trips.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Yep, just condensation. Once you get it going... remember this when you post about white smoke and everyone screams BHG. ;)

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
mkIIIman089 said:
Yep, just condensation. Once you get it going... remember this when you post about white smoke and everyone screams BHG. ;)

yeah thats why i don't cook. everytime i boil water the house fills up with whites smoke.:icon_wink

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'd say some of that fluid is also raw fuel seeing as our cars can run very rich. Ever been behind a car when it takes off and see fluid pour outa the exhaust pipe? Yeah....