a 1JZ swap site

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well i know it has been for ever but i am finally gonna try and put together a complete swap site that is going to stay up so people do not have to worry about things going missing all the time. Be it either info or part number or the English translation of that TSRM for the 1J i will host the stuff from my site and have it all backed up

Either way i would like people to contact me with Pictures if they have some really good pictures of any steps the the swap process i have a few myself but want to get a large archive going. so that we have all the pics needed and info needed

So far for the site content i just have this as my idea, if you have any suggestions on a subject that should be included please let me know

- Swap info with pictures
- Parts info and part numbers
- A listing of aftermarket parts that are 1JZ Specific
- places for performance parts (maybe) its a bit of a sticky area i think
- Possibly costs of different builds depending on options that people did like going single right away. That being if people want to give out totals of what things ran them.
- and cause Jose did it a 1JZ VVT-i section of info (i know nothing at the moment but will send Jose a PM later to see what he can share)

The idea is to make something like the thread for the swap but to compile info all in one place with much easier access and ease of navigation through all the info

EDIT: if you want to send me pictures or info let me know if you want your SM user name attached to it put it in your email though and make the subject ( 1JZ Swap Site ) you can email me at bobiseverywhere-at-gmail-dot-com

Last edited:

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Great idea. I cannot offer much to help your cause because there WERE great resources 4 years ago when I did my swap. I have to say that a few good connections I made locally (nor cal) really made it easy for me. It might be worth while to list local contacts for people as well as technical online resources, but its your "baby"
Listed below are the awesome folks who helped me out in a big way!

Ti (poi dog on supra forums) (jz and MK3 wiring guru)
Moe (suprastanger7mgte) (all around mk3 and jz guru)
Cary (rgguy on supra forums) (fabrication and mechanical guru, not shabby with wiring)

with out the help from these three I would not have a running car.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I got a bunch of wiring diagrams for the 1jz, give me and email address and I'll send em over to be put up (they were on that old site with the guy with the 92 teal supra on IS300 wheels).

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
i added my email addy to the first post so please sen away on anything you have i will put in what i have so far and then we will be able to come up with price ranges if you also want to provide where you got your items that could be helpful to people as well. I will see what i am going to add or not

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
I think this is a great idea... I just did a 1JZ swap on my 90 targa and eventually will go 1.5JZ... I have a good amount of pics just let me know if there are any you need in specific...

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
es this would be nice. I just toasted my 7m and thinking about going the 1jz route. The list of parts and items would be great info for those doer's. Anyways I'm fairly new to supra, but if I have a 91 supra turbo targa, that means I have the r153 or r154 trans right? Not the W58? Don't flame me... I'm still searching for more info.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Hmong_1G;1294822 said:
es this would be nice. I just toasted my 7m and thinking about going the 1jz route. The list of parts and items would be great info for those doer's. Anyways I'm fairly new to supra, but if I have a 91 supra turbo targa, that means I have the r153 or r154 trans right? Not the W58? Don't flame me... I'm still searching for more info.

That is correct if you have a Turbo 7M Supra you have a R154 Tranny There are other ways of checking as well. But that would only be if you are suspicious that your car was not a Turbo Supra to begin with.