$971 per rear control arm!!!

AJK

Oct 28, 2007
Calgary
Stopped by the dealership today to get a price on rear control arms for a 1991, $971 each! Any ideas of how I can fix worn balljoints without buying from Toyota?

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
gofastgeorge;1488697 said:
Try Champion Toyota in Houston, they sell on-line

This.

When I had my first MKIII, I bought my parts almost exclusively from Champion Toyota (then known as Jay Marks Toyota). I'd get parts shipped from him and save anywhere from 20-50% over buying from any local Toyota dealer here in FL.

Plus, Jeff Watson is the man. You tell him what project you're about to handle, and what parts you *think* you need, and he'll tell you about all the stuff you're forgetting so you can do it right the first time.

800-327-2087

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My local dealer gives me prices that even Champion can't touch. When I went to order all my rear suspension stuff (including two brand new OEM uppers), Jeff told me he couldn't come close to the prices I gave him. :) He wasn't sure how I was getting them so cheap!

I <3 my parts guys. They always hook me up. In return, I never, EVER walk in there w/o a part number. Makes their lives much easier. :)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
^ Same here Shaeff. I've got a cash account at my local toyota dealer where I'm set up with employee discount ;)
Their reasoning was the same as yours, I don't ever ask them to look anything up for me. Ever. haha