89+ Shine Auto JDM Front Lip Interest?

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
bhmsupra;2057221 said:
I have a mint JZA70 lip (and ducts) if shine needs a model for their form molds.

Okay! Well that changes everything. If anybody would be interested in the JDM factory lip replica for the 89+ Supra please add your name to the list below. And just so those who aren't familiar with the JDM lip know, its virtually the same as the USDM one but with vents and ducts for the brakes. I'm not sure how Shine will handle the ducting part of the lip but this is what the lip looks like with the vents:

jza70_b.jpg

p2057261_1.jpg

frontspoiler.jpg

1. ERA

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
I'd would also like to mention that the list is purely for gauging interest only. Contacting Shine and seeing if they would even like to take on the project must also happen.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
What is the good price point for a lip only, either fiberglass usdm or jdm, GreenchevelleSS?

rodel;2057335 said:
What is the good price point for a lip only, either fiberglass usdm or jdm, GreenchevelleSS?

I was thinking probably $175-200 for the usdm lip would be feasible. The jdm lip its hard to tell ive never seen one up close so idk what all it entails, I dont know how hard it would be to make the ducts and all.

Got to remember shipping costs wont be so cheap with them, and that adds to the total cost for just the lip, plus whatever finish it comes in, itll probably need to be sanded and painted so that also adds to the cost of the lip. All this for a lip that is just a replica of the factory one.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I have the jza70 lip, and its in pretty good shape, but i wouldn't mind having a fresh replacement.
Dont think id want it in fiberglass; i'd rather it be oem style urethane/abs, for impact resistance.

Work in progress:

p2058493_1.jpg
[/URL]

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
The front end is so low on these cars, I don't think Shine would have any problem selling just as many of these as the other styles they offer if they added them to their lineup, Japan and US spec.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
So from what I understand of those interested in a JDM replica OEM lip its:

1. ERA
2. sheedy126
3. GC89
4. GreenChevelleSS
5. yhatzee89
6. Tyler Mitchell
7. gp-7mgte
8. supraguy@aol

I'd also like to remind everyone that this was just an idea of mine based on what Shine has done for us in the past with regards to making parts if there is enough interest (15 people committing to buy). I have NOT brought this up with Shine Auto. I also want to note that it's been months since this thread has been created so who knows who is actually still interested in making this happen. There are only 8 people who seem interested and if anybody else is please add your name to the list. I will then contact Shine myself to see what can or cannot be done.

It also helps if you can add your name to the list yourself rather than having one person left to sift through all of the posts, deciphering if someone really is interested, and copying and pasting everyone's name. Here is how you can do that:

1. Click on "Reply with quote" to this post
2. Add your name to an empty slot

Thanks!