87 supra turbo tuning help please

binh

Apr 7, 2005
cincinnati
hi everyone newbi here. i got my zt2 and have everything install. i am trying to adjust my afr. i have read most thread and can't find my answer. it's seem like everyone is running fuel pressure around 32 to 38 psi on fpr. if i set my at that it's run to lean. it runs good at about 40 to 42 psi on the fpr. it this safe? yes with vac.please help

lexus afm with stock screw
550 pt injectors
3" pipe all the way down
k&n intake
aeromotive fpr
62-1 ct26
spearco intercooler
defcon hard pipe

thanks
binh

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
your AFPR is vac referenced. when you have the vac line connected, FP goes DOWN based on the amount of vac the engine is pulling- vac varies based on how warm/cold your engine is etc. removing the vac line sets the AFPR to atmospheric press, which should be near constant, allowing you to accurately set your FP.

all quoted FP #s you see SHOULD be w/o the vac line, commonly called "base" FP, etc. stock base FP is 37-42 psi.

if you are running lean @ 40 psi w/vac (prob close to 55 or so w/o vac) you have some serious issues.

binh

Apr 7, 2005
cincinnati
no the car runs great at 40 psi. i have th e engine rebuilt once. with ross piston and rings. a spec flywhell and stage 3 clutch. walbro fuel with the setup. so is running at 40 psi safe or not. i am sorry for all the qustion. with no damper or j block. is there a differnet in the egr vsv and fuel up vsv. thanks for any help

binh