'87 Supra headlight problem

Iv Forbidden vI

Sep 11, 2012
Virginia
Hello everybody,
I'm not exactly new to Supra mania but I've never posted on here and I've just been lurking basically.
I have one question for you all, my supra has one dim headlight which happens to be the drivers side and I've tried unplugging it and plugging it back in making sure it was loose and also changing the headlight itself but to no avail. I don't know what could be the problem, i will attach pictures maybe that will help you guys/girls figure this out.

P.S on my passenger the low beam and hi beam work just fine but on the drivers side the low beam is weak and the high beam is just pathetic it almost looks orange.
I tried searching for other threads that were related to this but i couldn't find any but i just might suck at searching ;)
Thanks,
-Eric

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
Test with the lights turned on. Voltage drop a cross the contacts with the light on should be the same as the good light. If it is lower then it is the contacts. The input voltage from battery positive to the to the positive for the bad light should be close to zero and same for the good light. if not then check the wiring supplying power to the light back to the fuse. With a headlight known good correct voltage drop will give correct light output. any problems in getting power to the light will show up as a voltage drop at the weak point in the chain.