87 non turbo 5spd to auto turbo conversion

Tireburner

Boosted7M
Apr 5, 2005
CAnada
Im swapping a 7mgte with auto tranny which came out of a 87 turbo supra. Into my 87 non turbo 5spd car. Now my question is the power economy switch on the auto. Will my 87 non turbo car have this plug in the harness or will I have to rip the dashes all apart and completely swap the harness behind the dash? Someone help me out please

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the body plugs should be there if you look but you might also need the auto tranny harness not sure but you could search on this forum. are you wanting the auto tranny cuz the n/a w58 will hold the power of the gte up to about 300hp and then its just a matter of swaping the engine?

Tireburner

Boosted7M
Apr 5, 2005
CAnada
Im going with the turbo auto because thats the only tranny I have right now and thats the tranny I want to use in the car. The car is staying stock. I just need to know if the plugs will be in the non turbo car or if I have to swap the whole body harness over?

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
I dont remember seeing the plugs on my 86.5 na i had when i pulled it all apart. Not to mention the ECU for the manual wont control the tranny of the AT. So swap the ECU's and harnesses around. Only time i hear of people using a manual harness on an auto car, is when they go with a GM tranny conversion.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
im looking to do the opposite to my car, how much of the manual stuff do you have.
im gonna be parking my car in a little over a month. id be willing to do some trading

Tireburner

Boosted7M
Apr 5, 2005
CAnada
I have lots of parts from supras laying around but I keep everything just incase I need it right now I have 6 supras all being worked on.

I also found that I did have to swap bodyharness to get it to work so my question is answered.