87 non turbo 5spd conversion

Tireburner

Boosted7M
Apr 5, 2005
CAnada
Im swapping a 7mgte with auto tranny which came out of a 87 turbo supra. Into my 87 non turbo 5spd car. Now my question is the power economy switch on the auto. Will my 87 non turbo car have this plug in the harness or will I have to rip the dashes all apart and completely swap the harness behind the dash? Someone help me out please

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I don't think that plug will matter. You do have to do some rewireing...for like the reverse light switch and such. Do you have all the parts including gauge bezzel and ecu. If you don't swap ecu you'll have the auto rev limiter which is lower than the manuals. I really don't think you have to rip any wiring out of the dash.

Tireburner

Boosted7M
Apr 5, 2005
CAnada
tbcmorris;1138964 said:
I don't think that plug will matter. You do have to do some rewireing...for like the reverse light switch and such. Do you have all the parts including gauge bezzel and ecu. If you don't swap ecu you'll have the auto rev limiter which is lower than the manuals. I really don't think you have to rip any wiring out of the dash.

IM keeping the auto and I found you must swap body wiring to run the turbo tranny.