Hayward , Ca
From SHAEFF"S post :
================
Re: My damn factory alarm...

you have a couple of options here. if the door sensor is NOT fried:

close the door with it unlocked
put your key in the door, then lock it.
wait a minute or so, then unlock it.

when you cycle locking/unlocking the door like this, it is supposed to reset the alarm.

or you could go under the hood of the car, find the two wires that go to the hood sensor (so if someone pops your hood, the alarm sounds) cut them, and splice them together. this will make the alarm think that there is a door open, in which case the alarm cannot be armed.

this is the route i took:

go under the dash on the driver's side. attached to the steering column way up under the dash near the firewall is the alarm computer.

here's a pic of where it is, its called "theft deterrent computer":
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/librar...be/BE_010.html

i completely removed my Theft Deterrent Computer, as there is no need for it to be in the car if i've bypassed the alarm function!

there is a wire you must cut. it is a blue wire with an orange stripe. cut it near the connector, and make an extension to the nearest ground, and ground it well!!!

once you pull out the computer, and ground the blue wire with the orange stripe, your alarm problems will be solved.

if, however you forget to ground that wire, your starter will not engage when you turn the key. it is the ground for the starter that the alarm cuts to disable it.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
ah sweet. yeah i use the search button alot, but lots of the stuff is hit or miss. sometimes its just easier to ask and see if someone has it archived. i learned to download and save everything. so yeah thanks for the help. we will see if this thing kicks over now. Thanks everyone!