86-92 mk3 wiring harness ecu question

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I need a wiring harness and ecu for a 89 7mgte + r154. I know I need the turbo/manual ecu for the 7mgte but does the year matter or does it have to be an 89. Same question for the wiring harness. I've done some research and I tried searching the forums. I have a feeling this has been covered before but either I'm blind or not good at searching. Thanks.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
it is best to maintain the year of the car for both. I know for a fact that you can get the wiring harness brand new from champion toyota for a hair over $400 (unless your car is california-spec). You should be able to find the appropriate ECU in the for sale section.

Your best bet would be to talk to Toyota and see what the correct ECU and harness are for your VIN #.

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
adampecush;1270589 said:
it is best to maintain the year of the car for both. I know for a fact that you can get the wiring harness brand new from champion toyota for a hair over $400 (unless your car is california-spec). You should be able to find the appropriate ECU in the for sale section.

Your best bet would be to talk to Toyota and see what the correct ECU and harness are for your VIN #.

Thank you much appreciated.