***7mLove's Supra Build** 1992 Teal Turbo!

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
Okay so heres the deal.

Back in november of 09 i got this car of an ebay auction and most likely over paid for it but ive always loved supras. What i got is a 92 teal turbo. its a targa and a 5 speed along with the shadow grey interior.
p1509499_1.jpg

I did nothing really too it other then drive it and maintenance.

When i bought the car it came with the infamous hks tems controller, the same style hks evc boost controller. Tokico Illumina shocks Eibach Shocks, drilled and slotted with ebc red stuff pads and a few other things.

unfortunately i have no self control and was a tad rough on her and im now payin the consequence. it developed a rod knock very abruptly and got worse and worse as i tried to drive it home. so come monday the car is going to my machinist for a full motor rebuild, but with 117,xxx miles im not mad this car has been great to me and i cant wait to get it back.

For the most part im going to do a pretty much stock rebuild other then comitec mhg, arp head studs, 2jz valves, possibly n/a cams? not sure yet. a nice port and polish on the flow bench, arp rod bolts eagle rods and cp pistons.

The car currently still has a bone stock exhaust so im going to keep the boost down untill my bic ddp bic tp and blitz find there way to my house.. i also have an upgraded intercooler and hard piping with knock off hksssqv ready to go in as soon as some weather comes my way. and lots of body work this summer if not a full repaint.

keep posted for this whole build. my goal would be high 3xxhp to low 4xx but who knows.

heres the link to the rod knock video

[video=youtube;ag4c_5zDguY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag4c_5zDguY[/video]

p1509499_2.jpg

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
havent updated...well ever hahahah but heres the parts list ive got so far

Eagle H beams
cp 20 over
hks 2mm stopper
clevite 77 bearings
arp hardware including:
head studs, rod bolts, main studs.
intercooler and hard piping from someone on this site
ct-26 stock ill upgrade one of these days but maybe i should get an exhaust first hhhaha

the head is just going to be rebuilt and shimmed (finally) and a little portmatching possibly not quite sure yet. ill have pictures soon

lemme know what you think goal is to hit 400 in a year, hopefully im solid with this build

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Before you do anything to this car you should stop.. And sell it to me :biglaugh:

7mLove;1509499 said:
For the most part im going to do a pretty much stock rebuild other then comitec mhg, arp head studs, 2jz valves, possibly n/a cams? not sure yet. a nice port and polish on the flow bench, arp rod bolts eagle rods and cp pistons.

2jz valves, can they be swapped into a 7m?