7MGTZ In Seattle

badjuju

Information Sniper
Feb 10, 2008
Seattle
www.hybridz.org
Currently researching MSII-Extra. I'm an experienced MSer, I've used msns-e on my l28et swap for the past three years or so. I recently bought a couple 7mgtes, and am swapping one of them into my '73 240z in the next couple months.

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone, and let ya know there will soon be another of the few Zs whose horsepower is built by the heart of a toyota.

If you can think of a non-supra more worthy of a 7mgte, please, lemme know!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
toml;928725 said:
I got excited that this thread was going to be about a supercharged 7M. :(

i too thought there would be a supercharger in this thread.

good luck with the swap, those tiny cars can be alot of fun, and be very dangerous at the same time :p

badjuju

Information Sniper
Feb 10, 2008
Seattle
www.hybridz.org
Well the difference in curb weight between an mkiii and an s30 is more than a thousand pounds... sorta like having a supercharger? lol

pimptrizkit: yeah, these little suckers are a blast. coming up after the 7m swap: 4 piston 4runner brakes, harnesses, seats, and a full cage. that's a hilarious name, btw.

7MsuprO: Thanks, I was trying to come up with something clever, integrating the displacement of the motor into the name of the car, but 300zx is already taken, and 300z is too easy for the unknowing to mistake for a real car. Then I thought "hmm, it's a 7m... the toyota guys will get it for sure, and only the really cool datsun guys will get it."

My girlfriend is working on a design for a badge for it, which I'll model in solidworks and have my cousin cut for me.

Are you guys interested in a progress thread? I'm going to do one over at hbz, I could just copy and paste here, unless that's against one of your rules?

Last edited:

Wh1t3T1g3r

The Dreamer
Feb 11, 2008
New Hampshire
oh man! its the Devil Z!!!!!!!! That car is sweet. It reminds me a lot of Wangan midnight and also of the 2000GT. I wish I could get my hands on a toyota 2000GT I would do some sweet mods to that car! Nice car man, goodluck with doing the swap.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
the title made me think he was twin-charging the car, 7M-G (T)(Z)

haha

very nice project, i love the Z chassis's

badjuju

Information Sniper
Feb 10, 2008
Seattle
www.hybridz.org
I just had to send my 280zx to the crusher this past fall, mom got sick of it sitting without a motor in her driveway... no one bought it, it was up for $200. never cried over a car before then.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
badjuju;938888 said:
I just had to send my 280zx to the crusher this past fall, mom got sick of it sitting without a motor in her driveway... no one bought it, it was up for $200. never cried over a car before then.

:wtc: I'd have bought it

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Supra86.5;932420 said:
I wish I could get my hands on a toyota 2000GT I would do some sweet mods to that car!

Blasphemy!

If in this lifetime, I were ever to own a 2000GT, it would remain in it's original being. Those things are the sexiest cars to ever be engineered in the 60's.
:love:

OP: Welcome to the boards! :) As others have said, there are a handful of 7MGTZ cars on the boards (I totally dig that name) :biglaugh:

arz (an Authorized Vendor here) has quite a sexy example of a 7M swapped Z car.

Good luck on the project and look forward to checking out your build thread!
Keep us updated! :)

-Jeff