7mgte with w58

Status
Not open for further replies.

4door5g

Mar 31, 2005
ocala, FL
hey guys i have a question i have a 87 turbo supra that i lost 1st and 2nd in plus the car got a bad title from a week before the trans went, well now im buying a really clean body from a friend but i have no trans, but i have a w58 laying around, what im wondering is, is it worth ordering a nice clutch and lightened fly wheel that i have found for about $500.00 or should i just rebuild my r154 and use that with my old stage 3 clutch? also have any of you had a r154 rebuilt? how much was it?

4door5g

Mar 31, 2005
ocala, FL
ya my r154 was great to me till it lost 1st and 2nd but i drove it home in 3rd and it drove like normal with 3rd and 4th, when i shift to 1st and 2nd it fill like its not even tuching a thing(nothing but air), could i have bent something in there? cause if i would have blown 1st and 2nd that bad woudnt the tranny just lock up?

4door5g

Mar 31, 2005
ocala, FL
ok i got all that as the trans is still in a 87 na car, what about drive shafts? which one would i use? also is w58 just going to take a poo after a couple of beatings, this car will only be driven on the weekend and at the track but it will get a ton of beating so i need it to hold up

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
without the attitude....
get another r154, you'll be glad u did. its not worth the time and it will probably be hard finding a w58 clutch that won't limit you to bad.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I doubt you'll make enough power to destroy a w58. I had one in my turbo mkIII w/ no probs at all.

mkII guys put them behind their 1j swaps. That should be a little reassurance anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.