7MGTE rpms sit at 3500...

cyberdx16

Sep 15, 2009
Madison
The other day I took the supra out for a drive and did a WOT 1st gear pull all the way to redline and threw it into second and let off. After that my rpms didn't want to drop back to normal idle and would sit at 2500. I turned around to go back home to see what was going on and my brake pedal felt like I was losing vacuum and became very hard to push the pedal to the floor.

I pulled the brake booster vac line and plugged it to see if I had a leak anywhere between the intake mani and the brake booster but the rpms still stayed at 3000+rpms.

I'm not throwing any codes, engine seems fine when its doing this (makes no weird noise or anything of that sort)

I guess what I would like to know is if I'm losing vac, then the problem is probably a vacuum leak somewhere which may have been blown off from such high boost levels... If not what could it be?

Thanks!

mods are

lex afm
550ccs
12lbs boost, sometimes 15lbs, even seen 19lbs apexi electonic boost controller
HKS metal headgasket
And I'm running very rich at WOT 9s

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
To expand on JJ's statement if it were just a vac leak, you would be seeing fuel cut at around 1200-1500rpm because the idle contacts in the tps would be telling the tccs the engine should be at idle causing the tccs to stop the engine from reving above said limit.

As JJ said check the throttlebody, ofcourse the above theory assumes properly calibrated tps sensor to begin with.

cyberdx16

Sep 15, 2009
Madison
The reason I asked the previous question was because I notice that my throttle cable that goes to the part in the picture that is circled in green sits in the middle of that arc. When you pull the throttle body open all the way it goes to the top of the arc. Now when it closes it goes to the middle of the arc and not the bottom. Could someone possible take a look at their car and tell me where the positioning of their cable goes?

Thanks!

p1458808_1.jpg

cyberdx16

Sep 15, 2009
Madison
figured it out the other day, the stupid set screw kept the throttle slightly open. What's the point of this thing? If the ecu is programmed to idle at x rpm then what's the point of this set screw? I know honda's have them as well...