7MGTE radiator with a 1JZ Hydrofan setup

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
hey guys, ive searched around and havent really found much information, but ive had some people tell me its possible and doable.

im just wondering if anybody has used there 7MGTE radiator with there 1jz swap, more especially with a hydrofan setup. I have a complete 1JZ engine setup with a hydrofan waterpump and reservior and after hearing that the hydrofan is a rock solid cooling setup i want to use it. i dont feel like buying another rad just yet because my 7m one has been great, no overheating problems, no core leaks.

and yes, im doing a 1jz auto swap, so the cooling lines and built in tranny cooler is already there which would require me to need to find a 1jz auto radiator someplace else, otherwise.

so what ive been told is that the hydrofan and shroud will need some brackets or modification to the original mounting points to bolt on and that the 1JZ coolant temperature sensor will need to be mounted somewhere on the rad.

so if anybody has any extra information or story they wish to share of their success with using a 7M radiator with there 1JZ swap, post it up, because i dont feel like replacing a perfectly good radiator if i dont have to.

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
the 7m radiator will work, im using it with my setup because my 1j radiator was busted in the clip. The top two mounting points on the shoud work but the lower ones do not. I riged my hydro fan to say on just untill I get my 1J koyo radiator. I wouldnt modify the 1j shroud, just zip tie the bottom or something so when you upgrade to a 1j radiator it will still bolt up.

NecroCyde said:
hey guys, ive searched around and havent really found much information, but ive had some people tell me its possible and doable.

im just wondering if anybody has used there 7MGTE radiator with there 1jz swap, more especially with a hydrofan setup. I have a complete 1JZ engine setup with a hydrofan waterpump and reservior and after hearing that the hydrofan is a rock solid cooling setup i want to use it. i dont feel like buying another rad just yet because my 7m one has been great, no overheating problems, no core leaks.

and yes, im doing a 1jz auto swap, so the cooling lines and built in tranny cooler is already there which would require me to need to find a 1jz auto radiator someplace else, otherwise.

so what ive been told is that the hydrofan and shroud will need some brackets or modification to the original mounting points to bolt on and that the 1JZ coolant temperature sensor will need to be mounted somewhere on the rad.

so if anybody has any extra information or story they wish to share of their success with using a 7M radiator with there 1JZ swap, post it up, because i dont feel like replacing a perfectly good radiator if i dont have to.