7mgte MegaSquirt 3 Q&A!

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
Ok first ill start with the back ground on my setup. I own an 1988 turbo which was originally factory auto, somewhere along the line it was swapped with a r154. Currently it has a 2jzge-t running on 7mgte electronics.

Im going to purchase the MegaSquirt v3 in the near future for a couple reasons. One obviously is its a stand alone, cheaper, and the ecu will literally carry over to which ever engine I decide to thrash in the future.

So in my research ive come up with a couple questions that I cant seem to get a definitive answer for. And im hoping some of you guys may have experience here.

My questions are as follows:

1. Will the msv3 run the multiplex system? If not, will the dh61 ignitor work like on the aems and such?

2. For the cps are you dremeling off two opposing teeth and tighting up the air gap on the magnetic pick up magiggy?

3. Anyone have a base map I could use?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It has options for multi plex. but honestly your better off just making a new harness and using smart coils. much easier cleaner and better performing.

for the cps you use the ne signal for the crank and one of the ge signals for the cam. then you can run full sequential or batch or what ever else youd want.

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
I used to have the MS3 with the expansion board on my 7m and loved it. It is now on my 2jzge na-t. Ditch that multiplex stuff and run the 1zz coils. They look great as they are COP and produce a pretty mean spark. I haven't pushed them to the limit but some people have with good results. Easy to wire too, positive, negative, and the trigger straight from the MS3x.

As for the CPS I didn't remove any teeth on the main wheel or the secondary wheel. I did remove one of the sensors on the single tooth wheel however. So the 24 tooth wheel is my crank signal and then one of the other sensors, not both, runs the cam signal. Runs great with sequential injection and ignition. I rewired mine all the way to the sensor with fresh wiring and have no tooth read errors ever.

Good luck, I love the Megasuirt. Makes me happy I ditched the stock ecu every day, Its not worth trying to fight the stock ecu when you can have full control

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
I read thru some builds and have wiring diagrams for the 1zz, inj and stock unipolar iacv. Ign and inj are going to wired in sequentially. Planning on using 1000cc injectors e85, table switching for boost levels and flex fuel.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I'm running ms3x with lq9 coils. Let me know if you have any questions about megasquirt. And if you pm me I can give you my map

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Im just about to order the ms3x and I remember reading about a need to order better sheilded wire. From what I understand the stuff diyautotune sales isnt good enough. Where did you guys purchase your sheilded wire? I remember something about triple core?