7mgte lex 550 lean under boost

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Also, while I'm thinking about it, when I was cruising around waiting for my car to warm up. I did notice that the afr's stayed where they normally did, right around 14.7. So my idle afr is 15.0 and my cruise is right around 14.7 but my WOT is 12.0 to 13.0, I'd love to give you a better more accurate number but I shut her down as soon as I saw those numbers and creeped her back home.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I've replaced all older hoses with either gates or fuel line 1/8 inch.

I will check them all again though.

Where would a vacuum leak affect my afr toward lean though? Wouldn't air escaping the system cause the same fuel in the system with less air?

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
^vaccuum could be a culprit but I'm confused....isn't an a/f ratio less than 14.7 rich? According to my thinking u should be right where u want to be?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IndigoMKII;1900444 said:
I've replaced all older hoses with either gates or fuel line 1/8 inch.

I will check them all again though.

Where would a vacuum leak affect my afr toward lean though? Wouldn't air escaping the system cause the same fuel in the system with less air?

It's a vacuum leak ;)

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
7M4EVR;1900456 said:
^vaccuum could be a culprit but I'm confused....isn't an a/f ratio less than 14.7 rich? According to my thinking u should be right where u want to be?

My cruise and idle afr don't bother me, the 12 and 13 afrs under WOT bother me.. I'd be happier if they were 11.0 instead of 12's.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I feel like a complete idiot, I should of checked my friends work. I got home and out of curiousity I checked his work, the IC coupling clamp I asked him to tighten, I could move with my fingers, the idle up for the power steering I bypassed and wanted him to cap, he put a vacuum line on it. Maybe I saw a 8.9 on my greddy.. Ugh facepalm

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IndigoMKII;1900444 said:
Wouldn't air escaping the system cause the same fuel in the system with less air?

Yes. Positive pressure is not vacuum. Even vacuum isn't really vacuum. It is just a common term for pressure under 1 bar. Calling what you have an intake leak would have cut down the confusion. Maybe.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nick M;1900511 said:
Yes. Positive pressure is not vacuum. Even vacuum isn't really vacuum. It is just a common term for pressure under 1 bar. Calling what you have an intake leak would have cut down the confusion. Maybe.

I doubt it, Ive never let a friend work on my car before, so my excuse is being sick and having a fever lol

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
lithium14;1900528 said:
wait. so has the solution been found? or did I miss something?

Yes I hope the solution has been found. I will correct his wrong doings in the morning and report back.

Typing on a damn droid razr maxx touch screen pisses me off. I have to fix so many typos because my fingers are too fat.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Great that you've found it.
And while I - and many others on here- refer to a problem like yours as "vacuum" leak, maybe "air leak" is a better description as it's metered air that leaves your engine before it could be used for combustion purposes.
That includes both vacuum and boost states of the air. ;)

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
thevork;1900824 said:
Great that you've found it.
And while I - and many others on here- refer to a problem like yours as "vacuum" leak, maybe "air leak" is a better description as it's metered air that leaves your engine before it could be used for combustion purposes.
That includes both vacuum and boost states of the air. ;)

lol Yeah yeah, point taken. It's confirmed, car runs nice and rich now. Started it up yesterday and a nice puff of black smoke came out as she came to life, looked at the afr and 10's on start up so I brought the base fp back down to 40 no vacuum and she runs like a charm.