7mgte fuel pump questions

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
Hey guys, I want to start off by saying I started by searching for answers first. It yielded answers for upgrades but I want to know what the stock pumps flow at? I am currently swapping a 7mfte into my mx32 1980 Cressida and want to know if the 4m fuel pump will do te job... I also have the feul pump from my parts car and wondered if I can mod that to work?

gemiz

Jun 1, 2009
>Norway
i think its a 7MGTE. If you look at the keyboard, G and F is next to each other... with fat fingers a missclick can happen..

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
gemiz;1907575 said:
i think its a 7MGTE. If you look at the keyboard, G and F is next to each other... with fat fingers a missclick can happen..

And iPhone doesn't help lol... Yeah I'll look into, I'll drop the tank and compare pumps and repost on here

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cressida Wrench;1907760 said:
huh, there really is something such as a 7mfte? woah ;)
lol.. I know.. I got scared when I read that...

A better question may be.. what injectors are you running? A stock MK3 fuel pump is perfectly find for 440 injectors... I believe a MKIV Denso fuel pump is 255 or 275 lph. I think that is perfectly find for 550 injectors, however a different solution is probably needed for larger injectors... (I dont plan on doing it, so haven't research limits.. )

Cressida Wrench

Oct 8, 2012
San Diego CA
Grandavi;1907793 said:
lol.. I know.. I got scared when I read that...

A better question may be.. what injectors are you running? A stock MK3 fuel pump is perfectly find for 440 injectors... I believe a MKIV Denso fuel pump is 255 or 275 lph. I think that is perfectly find for 550 injectors, however a different solution is probably needed for larger injectors... (I dont plan on doing it, so haven't research limits.. )

yeah I have the stock 7mgte injectors, so good little 440's... and yeah I'll use the stock MK3 pump, I just have no clue on where or how to start the mod on it, need to drop the Cressy tank to see what I'm working with

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You need to run the stock resistor parallel with itself (a second one) to make the two speed work correctly with the change in current if you choose the JZA80 (MKIV) pump.