7MGTE coming back to life.

MK3Jay

Jun 4, 2012
LA
Decided to go with a quick fix of the head gasket instead of a full rebuild. I miss that car to much aha (ya im attached). Only things on my list after the fix is an exhaust. Either HKS or Blitz, question is do either of them or any exhaust have a deep steady clean rumble? I'm not looking to have a fart cannon on the car. Opinions would be appreciated....from there I save for the rebuild... Unless a decent MK4 offer comes up I i love my MK3 and will never get rid of it.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
If you want something thats not too loud look into the Tanabe, the HKS for a more OEM look.
Check out clips on youtube to hear them before you buy. Keep in mind a tubular manifold will change the sound, and a divorced downpipe will as well.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Check out the exhausts from BIC performance. I had a 3" version of the their "Thunder" exhaust and loved it. Mine was very loud without the optional resonator and no cat, but that's the way I liked it :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hopefully you drained the oil after doing the BHG...

Anyway, for the exhaust, if you want a nice rumble, go with the HKS, definitely a good sound, and OEM looks if you get the Sport.