7mgte clear timing covers

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
huh, guess I'll give them a shot in the future. I swear I remember reading about people getting bad service from them tho.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've had no problems with suprasport, I've bought from them before, they're easy to communicate with too. Just like any place, make sure the shit you try to order is in stock first.

KINGPIN33

Apr 3, 2005
Canada
Let me chime in on my experience with suprasport. I bought a high pressure steering line from them, roughly $120 US and it was junk (defective). Long story short, I installed their high pressure steering line and stripped the banjo bolt on the steering rack forcing me a costly repair.
I didn't bother to return it or nothing as I couldn't be bothered - so my loss.

Dealing with them is alright; however, I recomend dealing with a larger store that can attend your problems in a timely fashion if any arise. I had no problems ordering through suprasport and my high pressure power steering line came in a timely fashion b/c it was in stock.

There are mixed opinions on that store and if you do a little digging, you will find that its history wasn't all that great with customer service etc...

Last edited:

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
KINGPIN33 said:
Let me chime in on my experience with suprasport. I bought a high pressure steering line from them, roughly $120 US and it was junk (defective). Long story short, I installed their high pressure steering line and stripped the banjo bolt on the steering rack forcing me a costly repair.
I didn't bother to return it or nothing as I couldn't be bothered - so my loss.

Dealing with them is alright; however, I recomend dealing with a larger store that can attend your problems in a timely fashion if any arise. I had no problems ordering through suprasport and my high pressure power steering line came in a timely fashion b/c it was in stock.

There are mixed opinions on that store and if you do a little digging, you will find that its history wasn't all that great with customer service etc...

LOL.....dont you think that maybe you stripped the bolt because it torqued it down too much?

Cheers,
Roy

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
The timing covers are lexan.

If you paint them. The best way is to do like in the R/C world. you want to paint the bottom of them that way the lexan still shines ;) And if it flakes off. Just paint more ;) You want paint that is specific to lexan though. Most R/C hobby stores carry a variety of color and in can or for air brushing ;) That way clear can be ANY color OR ANY desing you want.