Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
tinted timing cover FTW!

(flash makes it look way less opaque than it is...)

engine1.jpg

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
Does anyone make clear cam covers without a joint or seam immediatley in front of the cam gears? Afterall, the main point of clear covers is to display the cam gears and putting a seam or joint in front of them is just dumb. :3d_frown:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Actually, it's not there to show off the cam gears, it's there as a point of reference to see where you have the gears set at, then you can take it apart real quick to make fine adjustments. The clear factor is just a cool extra ;).

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
starscream5000 said:
Actually, it's not there to show off the cam gears, it's there as a point of reference to see where you have the gears set at, then you can take it apart real quick to make fine adjustments. The clear factor is just a cool extra ;).

In theory, you are correct. But many are just as or even more interested in the cool than the purpose.

The successful combination of art, technology and power is what makes our efforts so rewarding. We sweat every little detail pursuing the desired outcome. Considering this and the cost of adjustable cam gears and the cost of the covers, I think the design could have better optimized the art. Since the covers already have a shape transition just below the cam gears, that would have been the logical place for the joint. At least from the art perspective.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
pi is right! :D

(been waiting to say that)

Doc, that's sick - though I want a completely opaque bottom, and a tinted top. Yes, that's what I'm going to do.

Ordering mine in a few moments :cool: