7mgte check engine blinking rapidly

yukioda

Jul 2, 2014
des moines
Hey so i connected the te1 and e1 together just to check for codes, and it just blinking rapidly no pauses or anything it just keeps blinking by seconds. My 7mgte stock with boost controller 6.5-8 psi cuts out on me when i hit 3500-4000rpm with like 5+psi at half throttle.so as it was blinking i start the car to see if it would still blink and it does, unless i rev the engine it just gives a code 51 and it goes back to blinking rapidly. earlier it drives great and everything and no hesitations or cutting out, but as i let my buddy drive my car to teach him stick he killed it a few times. sense he was afraid of driving it he revs it up slow to 3-4000rpm so it dosent have boost kciking in (if you know what i mean). im just a little paranoid, but dose the rapid blinking mean BHG? theres no smoke but a little bit of vapor when start up, it smells but not like burning antifreeze but like a strong gas or oil smell, could be bad catalytic converter? Also the antifreeze gets low a bit when i fill it, but when i dont keep filling it it just stays low, temp is good. what do you think?:aigo:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
When checking for codes and its just a continuous blinking it means there is no codes.

Your not supposed to drive with it jumped.

if your boosting and then it feels like you hit a wall then its fuel cut and you prolly have boost leak.

Also 51 is tps.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Everything he said.
The code 51 is because you pressed the throttle. If its just blinking like once every 1/4 second, you have no other fault codes.
But just as Hvyman said- you prolly have a boost leak. You shouldn't be hitting fuel cut till after 10psi.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You don't need to adjust your TPS if you only get the 51 when touching the throttle!
It just means that the ecu senses that the tps is not showing idle position of the tps. You're supposed to get that code with any throttle input.