7MGTE Build up suggestions 350hp - 400hp

supra saiyan

Jul 27, 2010
Oregon
Car = Supra MKIII 7MGTE A/T (ALL STOCK RIGHT NOW) Red Pearl

I am looking for suggestions to my build. Here is a list of parts that I will be getting.. If you think the manufacture is crap or there is a better more reliable replacement out there. Please make the adjustment to my list.

I want to get 400WHP..
** M/T later this year for part of my weight reduction and speed increase plan (plus more fun) **
** Head gastket - DONE with metal gasket and APR bolts 75lb torqued **
** Head - Unknown head work was done in a shop by the previous owner, I do know gasket was done. 10k miles ago.. **

--Purchased--
Springs - Sustec gf210 (grip force)
Shocks - Koni yellows

--Need to buy-- (TOTAL $7335)
*Pre-Step* (Problem fixing) $285
Oil drain plug gasket (4) - NAPA part #704-1076
Engine wire harness - 88 Turbo M/T or A/T (both the same)
Coil pack - 87-92 Coil pack (My'n has a melted clip holder)
*Step 1* (Looks, Tune-up) $160
Spark plug wires - NGK Laser Plat.
Spark plugs - NKG
Hose Kit - Black Silicone hose kit (water, heater, rad hoses, Vacuum hoses)
*Step 2* (Breathing) $680
Air filter system - Apexi Power Intake
Down pipe - Megan Racing 3in
Exhaust system - Custom 3in W/Dual 3in Muffler
*Step 3* (Handling, Safety, Looks) $800
Breaks - Brembro OEM replacements
Rims + Tires - 17x8 Front +25, 225/45/17 17x9 Rear +39, 255/40/17
*Step 4* (Power balancing) $2550
Air Flow Meter - Lexus AFM
Injectors - 550cc injectors
Fuel pressure regulator kit - Generic w/LIPP lines
Boost controller w/gauge - AEM Tru Boost Controller
Stand alone ecu - AEM
GET TUNED
*Step 5*(Power) $1000
Exhaust manifold - I6 Turbo Exhaust Manifold T4
Turbo upgrade - T04e 57 trim
Radiator - Fluidyne radiator
GET RE-TUNED
*Step 6* (Power, Final 400HP step) $1850
Oil squirters - Toyota OEM replacement
Oil pump - Toyota OEM replacement
Pistons - CP Pistons
Rods - Eagle Rods
FINAL RE-TUNE

All this should put me at 400WHP.. Though I am sure I tune to 550 safely. I don't want race gas though.. Flywheel and such are most likly needed.. Ugh.. I will research that and put it on my list.

Attachments

• bad bitchs..jpg
    bad bitchs..jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2 bad bitchs..jpg
    2 bad bitchs..jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 24

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
sounds like you got it bro. um.... someone correct me if im wrong but you dont need a standalone for 400rwhp. you can use safc+ boost controller. and also, you need to get a wideband kit ( i hear aem uego is one of the best). might be a good idea also to invest in a water/meth kit. that's all i can think of

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You won't need race gas. And 350 or 400 rwhp are not the same. That turbo will easily get you there without huge lag or being on the ragged edge.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I don't know if I missed it or not but don't forget one of the most important things for your fuel...... no not race gas either. I am talking about the Walbro pump. 550 injectors are great and all but you need something that will keep them fed. plus a new fuel filter. I would spend a little extra and get one of the reusable ones. Not needed but a great thing to have instead of buying a new filter. Plus you can put it where you want instead of dealing with it being over the rear axle.

Your projected costs seem optimistic. And a proper stock rebuild and MHG/studs on a 7M should be able to handle 400 rwhp safely. It's probably better to overbuild but I've been beating on my stock rebuild for about 2 years now at 300+ rwhp and will soon be upgrading to a 400ish rwhp setup on new stock parts. You probably want an upgraded intercooler/piping for those power levels. And a clutch upgrade will definitely be necessary! New shifter bushings will also help with the feel of the car a lot, and new fluid is good to do while you're at it. And your LSD will probably not last that long if it's even ok at the moment, bushings on these cars are nearly always shot... there's probably going to be a lot of random stuff coming up unexpectedly. It's a good list though, planning is the key to success with these heaps haha :)

Derek Haugen

Sep 29, 2010
Delta
my friends car has an apexi safc2, hks boost controller, bic intercooler, hard pipe kit, greddy type s bov and an aem wideband, ct26 with 60-1 trim, 3.5" exhaust with divorced downpipe from the turbo back catless and apparantly it makes 400rwhp on high boost, ive driven it with low boost im pretty sure 12-14psi and got wheelspin 2nd gear going about 50km/h i love the thing

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
I would keep the aem stand alone on there and you can then remove the lex afm. iinstead of spending more money now on piggybacks and trying to sell later, that;s a good choice to make.