7MGE rough idle

MercilessRaven

Mar 18, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
So, guys, I hate my first post to be crying for help, but after a month or two of searching and replacing things I can't figure out the issue. When I bought my Supra in Feb. of 2012 it had a BHG and rod knock. No problem, I bought a JDM engine and had (supposedly) a reputable shop swap 'em out. Turns out the guy didn't even swap in the plug wires I bought. Anyway, he had everything swapped and running except for it idling at 3k or so once in awhile at stops. Other than that it was fine, but annoying. I found out he had somehow gotten it to where my gas pedal was always being pushed in a little. I loosened the pedal with wd-40 and by pulling on it a bit. After that it had a bad idling issue and has since. I've dealt with this on other cars before so I was certain that it was ISC or TPS. I had an ISC from the old engine (that didn't have any idling issues) so I put that on. No help. I found out during that change that he didn't swap the plug wires and it still had whatever wires were on my old engine instead of the brand new NGK ones. When I pulled the first wire off the plug the boot came up, but not the rest of the wire. Thinking that the wires were bad I just bought new ones today and swapped em out along with the TPS. Still no help. It'll drop to about 350-400 RPM and only then does the CEL come on, then it'll jump back to between 750 and 1200 rpms then drop again eventually dying. I have no clue what it could be, I haven't done a compression test on it and I don't think it has a BHG because the oil had no antifreeze as far as I could tell in it. Could it be the EGR? I didn't have him install one and the JDMs don't have one to begin with. Any help is appreciated.