7mge port/polish

supraduper

Jun 7, 2009
merrimack nh
porting and polishing is an art... an artist cant tell you how to paint can he?

your best best.. is to google search and all you'll find is general knowledge...

or you can youtube port and polish... theres some vids on there

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Then there is the tried & true way,
buy some performance engine building books............

Blindly going in and grinding away to make aluminum dust can hurt performance too.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
Hmm... maybe ill watch some videos and try it out on some junkyard 7m heads. No way I'm spending over 1000 for someone else to do it.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
But would it be done right? If you are going to have it done by a shop, have it done buy a shop that has done several 7M's. Some will charge you $300-$400 for a "stage 1" port job, usually amounts to buzzing around the ports to take the flash off. Not worth it IMO.

If you are not going pretty much all out in a rebuild, you won't realize much gain. If you have cams, bigger valves, etc., then you might get a few more ponies.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I would just like to mention unless you plan on keeping the GE or want to go all out on it I would just wait patiently and save money for a GTE swap.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
i talked to one shop they quoted me 300-750. I'm going to call around to a lot of places and see if i can find one that has done 7m's before so i can get quality work done.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
I'm not planning on racing everyone i come across. I just want a little more power to make for a reliable but quick daily driver. I can go turbo anytime, I just wanna have a little N/A fun first. I know you all are going to have tons of reasons why this is stupid or why you wouldn't do it but it's what i wanna do.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
this aint stupid! gasket match that shit.

put the gasket up to it and get rid of the excesses metal . dont touch the exhaust it will fuck up scavenging.

this motor will be great to learn from, so just have fun and take your time.