7mge obx header

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
you will need to grind down the bottom piece of the header a bit because i believe it hits something. Can't quite remember what it hits.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
no its not a direct fit. i had to grind down the header ware it sits near the distributor and the O2 sensor is in the wrong place or just run a longer wire.

Supra NA-T

Total Annihilation
Nov 7, 2010
Leesville,La
it sux that it isnt a direct fit. How are you going to be basically the only company to make a header for us and the shit doesnt fit. its the same thing for the pacesetter as well.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
Supra NA-T;1863445 said:
it sux that it isnt a direct fit. How are you going to be basically the only company to make a header for us and the shit doesnt fit. its the same thing for the pacesetter as well.

this is true but it didnt take me long to get the headers to fit. next time im going with a custom made headers.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
So a little grinding is required and everyone pitches a fit? lol. Is it really that big of a deal?

I'm probably going to buy one of these within the year. 2 mins. or less with an angle grinder and relocating the O2 sensor is nothing (well... nothing for me anyways). Stop complaining and enjoy a much better flowing manifold than the stock cast unit. ;)

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
mk3_7m;1864409 said:
Never considered pacesetter*??

Comparing the design of the pacesetters to the OBX, the OBX looks like a better quality unit that would yield higher gains/flow better. The main difference is in the materials used and the design and merging of the collectors.

However, both would be better flowing then the stock cast unit. The obx looks like it would perform better and last longer, despite the few adjustment needed to make it fit.

I say "looks" because I have not had first-hand experience with either header and I have only been able to look at them in pictures. Having done a lot of reading and research, having built/worked on and driven some pretty hard-core dedicated track cars and having an education in mechanical engineering, that is my conclusion based on what I know and have learned.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I have one for sale if you want it. It used to be a two piece like what's in the ebay ad but never got rid of the exhaust leak no matter how tight you clamp it down so I welded mine. It would hit the base of the water neck. Grinded it down and fit fine.

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
supra1008;1864434 said:
I have one for sale if you want it. It used to be a two piece like what's in the ebay ad but never got rid of the exhaust leak no matter how tight you clamp it down so I welded mine. It would hit the base of the water neck. Grinded it down and fit fine.

PM sent.

gmsotaku

Apr 4, 2010
VA
I had to grind the right side of mine, and had to have o2 sensor bung welded on as it didn't fit.