7mge no start

aceseverywhere

Jul 4, 2009
California
went out to my car this morning put the key in. and no start. power going to instrument clusters. tested battery and alternator at autozone they passed. checked fuses nothin blown. im thinkin its the starter kuz i dont even hear it crank. but it was workin fine last night, started with no cranking problems. started tapping on it to make sure its not the solenoid. still nothin. plz bestow me with ur wisdom

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I have a 7m-gte and it has factory ant-theft system in it. My car did the same thing and it was the anti-theft. I don't know if your car has it but here is something to try when it won't start. Stand outside your car with the all the doors shut and put your key in the lock and then lock your car wait about a minute and then twist it to unlock your car. It supposed to reset the anti-theft system. If this works let me know and I can tell you how to bypass it. Try the passenger door with the key if the drivers door don't work.

aceseverywhere

Jul 4, 2009
California
well when i got the car the fuse in the fuse box for the alarm was taken out. ill try the key thingy. the clutch switch does not seem to be bad its still in tact. i might have to just b pass it to where its just connected all the time.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
When you lock the doors with the key does the "Security" LED in the gauge cluster light up?

Given what you've already looked at I'd measure the voltage at the small wire to the starter while someone turns the ignition. If it goes high, this tells you right away if you can forget about it being the ignition switch, starter relay, alarm starter disable and the clutch switch.

aceseverywhere

Jul 4, 2009
California
CRE;1466333 said:
When you lock the doors with the key does the "Security" LED in the gauge cluster light up?

Given what you've already looked at I'd measure the voltage at the small wire to the starter while someone turns the ignition. If it goes high, this tells you right away if you can forget about it being the ignition switch, starter relay, alarm starter disable and the clutch switch.

the led alarm does on come on.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
aceseverywhere;1463423 said:
went out to my car this morning put the key in. and no start. power going to instrument clusters. tested battery and alternator at autozone they passed.

You have to test the large wire on the starter. It has constant power. The small one is switch power from the ignition. The antitheft, clutch start, neutral start are all in that circuit. If you don't have power on the small wire when cranking, you need to check the circuit and those switches in it.

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
you can check if the starter motor is still good by jumping the two terminals on the solenoid with a screw driver, that will also work to start your car, just make sure that the car is neutral when you do this (i started my 280z like this quite a few times because the solenoid would stick in cold weather.) resistance test between the battery and the starter, possible open in that wire. Easiest thing to do would be take the starter over to Vatozone and have them test it for you, at least eliminate that component as a possibility.