7MGE mk2 1/4 miles

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Some friends and I (including Jamie - sawbladz) went to the St. Thomas dragway today and I finally got some reasonable results out of my car.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with the results. the car is working as it should and I have achieved my goals!

14.8510 @ 93.75
2.1581 60ft

I'm very happy! the car still has even more left in it. this is the best I can do with the current tires and a clutch that can't hold the power. Although a new one, I have a 5mge clutch in the car and it slips all the way through 2nd when shifting quickly and the same goes for third the car almost acts like a cvt when shifting as fast as possible! even still, I'm pretty happy!

- A/C, spare tire and subwoofer removed.
- 1/2 tank of gas
- one person in car (me - 200lbs)
- worn out dunlop G/T Qualifiers (6yrs old)

- no engine tuning, cam gears adjusted using the "butt dyno"

I think the motor could put the car into a 14.6 if the clutch held!

2qv7fpe.jpg

Last edited:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
This was an awesome day at the track! Here is another slip from today where I was lined up with Steve. This was both of our second runs. This is a personal best for me.
p1321822_1.jpg

Here are the pics from Steve's best run.

p1321822_2.jpg

p1321822_3.jpg

p1321822_4.jpg

p1321822_5.jpg

p1321822_6.jpg

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Thanks for the pics jamie! very well done and congrats on your time aswell.

supaman, that's because jamie gets boost! and the same for me, my clutch stops slipping!

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Tire Shredder;1322319 said:
Thanks for the pics jamie! very well done and congrats on your time aswell.

supaman, that's because jamie gets boost! and the same for me, my clutch stops slipping!

slipping clutch blows.........Ive had that before but it was a good 95 degrees that day, I drove the car 45 minutes to the track (20 of those in stop and go) and the first run i made of the day my friend was in the car and hes an easy 350lbs, It didnt like the slip out of the gate at all i slipped it out and when i matted it it slipped all of first i short shifted into 2nd and when i matted it again it just pegged 5k i just put it in 3rd and rolled threw the lights (8th mile)

oddly thats the only time its slipped too i was in 5th on the way home up a pretty steep bridge with him in the car and went WOT and it didnt slip at all.

but yea man get a good clutch under it and go back im very intrested to see what it can do!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Great times, glad to hear the 7MGE is finally worked out in your car, its beautiful. I'd like to join you guys on a run some time, NEVER been to the track, but I have to start some time :icon_razz. Soon as I swap out the 7mge I'd like to dyno it for a baseline and go out to the track just for some fun.