7mge cranking issue!

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
hey guys. well it was about time i had to rewire my knock sensor and install a new one. took the whole intake manifold except for the very bottom piece just to get to the wiring harness and knock sensor. as soon as i saw the wire and connector to the knock sensor it came to my attention that i probably didnt need to buy a $180 dollar knock sensor. a disturbing thing came into view tho.. theres a black wire with red stripes and a red wire with blue stripes that come out right where the wire for the knock sensor comes out. they were cut. not by me oh no. i spent an hour trying to find out where they went could not find annnywhere they would go. so i did the stupid thing and wrapped them up individually in tape thinking something was bypassed since my car was running fine before. i put everything back together. million vacuum hoses. 2 hours later i got everything all ready to go. made sure the grounds were like they were. tried starting it...

heres what happens

turn the key to on position. nothing abnormal happens all cool.
try to start it.. my whole dash acts like its losing power even the chime dies down.
now i know its those damn wires i rechecked everything for the 3rd time.
maybe just maybe those wires were spun together by the person who had the car before me

anyone know what these wires are for? black with red strip and a red with blue stripe?
i really would hate to take everything off again but it looks like im gonna have to.
what should i do with these wires? splice them together like how they probably were before?
theyre cut the exact same length and theyre a short distance coming from the harness itself.

oh and btw is a 1987 supra n?a
i would really appreciate the help. thanks in advance

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
yeah ive go those grounds bolted on under the intake manifold like how they were. all that bolts up under the manifold is 2 ground wires. another ground wire that has a relay type thing on it and a bracket with vacuum lines right?
yeah ive got the vsv

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
ive got it those two wires in the wiring harness kept it from getting power somewhere. two small wires so maybe rem. wires for something? idk i would really like to know where these wires go its confusing. ive butt connected them together and put everything back together and whatdoyouknow vrooooooommmm