7m turbo or 1jz

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
Sassan;1592483 said:
your prob right lol well i guess there is no real cheap way of doing this now is there? lol

nope, so i suggest go 2jzgte.. this not a matter of choosing a good engine, these are 3 of the best import engines out there, this a matter of choosing the right one..you can get a jdm 2jzgte for around 1500-2000 shipped and roll the twins for awhile. the wiring is straight forward if you have basic skills and compete uncut harness..just plug everything in and provide the harness with power and ground..it's alittle harder than that but you get the idea.. ;-0

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Digging yourself another 7m hole is retarded. 2jzge, new seals and gaskets, and your current electronics. Easy to pass smog, won't get hassled by cops afterwards, about as cheap as another 7m without the headaches. And if you want to boost it or swap to a gte in the future, the foundations already there. Or 1uz and beat on it forever with no problems if you maintain it

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Vrank!!!;1593075 said:
Digging yourself another 7m hole is retarded. 2jzge, new seals and gaskets, and your current electronics. Easy to pass smog, won't get hassled by cops afterwards, about as cheap as another 7m without the headaches. And if you want to boost it or swap to a gte in the future, the foundations already there. Or 1uz and beat on it forever with no problems if you maintain it

This goes for pretty much any motor. :nono: Most of the guys running 7Ms inherit problems from the previous owner's lack of maintenance, or their own laziness leads to the motor's demise. This is true with the 1j/2j as well.

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
well i have about $3.5k-4k in my swap, but i got lucky and got a clean 1jz/r154 combo for $1900 shipped..I didn't have to rebuild mine.....yet lol ....plus i did all the work in house (dad and brother), even built my own trans mount, motor cross member, did the wiring..etc

Sassan

May 31, 2010
Rialto, California, United States
ok so wats the diff between the 2jzge and 2jzgte besides the head turbo and i know the na has a compression of 10.2:1 and the turbo is 8.5:1. so wat all would i have to change to go from the 2jna to the 2j turbo?

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
You gotta change out of your diaper, change into some big boy pants, learn how to search, then acquire some common sense and/or basic logic.

Shaeff: You're right, that is for pretty much any motor. I meant changing the oil and a timing belt every now and then. Hell, you really don't even have to do that. I've had two 1uz's and both ended up well into the 200k's before i parted with them and they both still ran like a champ!
Neither had any other maintenance other than oil changes and I beat on them as much as possible with an auto.

OP: How much do you like working/spending/not driving your car? Think long and hard before you dive into this.

PS: Hyundai ain't gonna help you brotato