7m mkiii vs 1jz mkiii

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Me and my boy wolf was at the races, in mexico of course, actually it was a honda meet with some kinda quick cars but nothing serious. So they were like mumbling why dont so and so civic race one of the supras etc, but they were too scared to ask either one of us to line it up. So we just decided for the hell of it to line our cars up,

Now it really more of like comparing each of our mods to one another.

Wolfs car is a 89 targa 1jz stock twins, 440cc injectors, safc, front mount, intercooler piping, hks ssqv, 3" exhaust, intake r154 with 3.73 lsd, gutted rear interior.

My car, 87 targa top, 7mgte, stock turbo, 9-10lbs, bic ddp, full 3" exhaust, w58, 3.91lsd, mkiv na rear wheels with mickey thompson drag radials.

Now this race was really to compare our last race to my new mods. I used to have the 4.30 lsd so we wanted to see hw much acceleration did i lose by downgrading to the 3.91.

Also wolf bought my old 4.30 and will be placing it in his car so we will run it back again when its installed just to show the difference in wat the rear end ratio does to a car.

My fav part of the video is Ron which is also on the forums here at the end, saying that " It just wasn't fair" lol

Also after that no honda there even thought about racing any of the supras

gonzy tunning

Dec 6, 2006
new jersey
queenskid926;1458281 said:
u know it gonzy,

I have some ppl to beat up on with the 7m first before i swap the 2jzge na-t in.

just so i can say that i bust their ass with a 7m in the car.

ha ha ha...lol i hear you bro...good luck man
happy thanksgiving day bro...eat well and enjoy your day
gonzy

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
91TURBOSUPRA;1467937 said:
good run wolf just need to lauch a little beter though

Uli ur biased towards the 1j lol

But were definitly going to do a rematch, he know has my old diff 4.30 gears and i have now 3.91, i lost some acceleration while he gained some. i kno have hardpipes, lexus afm, safc and a walbro and 60-1 ct26 waiting to be put in, he is going single very soon as well. So a nice lil rematch will be set, both of us on street tires this time.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
queenskid926;1467954 said:
Uli ur biased towards the 1j lol

But were definitly going to do a rematch, he know has my old diff 4.30 gears and i have now 3.91, i lost some acceleration while he gained some. i kno have hardpipes, lexus afm, safc and a walbro and 60-1 ct26 waiting to be put in, he is going single very soon as well. So a nice lil rematch will be set, both of us on street tires this time.

Instead of you stepping down to street tires, he should step up to some drag radials. Now that would be a good race. Why handycap yourself to level the playing field? Just find a friend with some drag radials with our bolt pattern and let him borrow them for the race.
Race from a dig like last time, and race from a roll. I'd like to see both outcomes.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Suprapowaz!(2);1458642 said:
You were grippin while he was spinnin. Mickey Thompsons FTW.

^^^^^^I agree. I want to see the next ones with the rears swapped out. It'd be nice if the 1J could rev up to 8500 with that 4.30. That would be awesome...

projectpanda;1468012 said:

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
RacerXJ220;1470578 said:
^^^^^^I agree. I want to see the next ones with the rears swapped out. It'd be nice if the 1J could rev up to 8500 with that 4.30. That would be awesome...

he is looking into a blitz ecu and some cams as we speak.
Right now my w58 broke into pieces, R154 comes in one saturday.

Next run will be with the diffs swapped, (there swapped already)
ME with hardpipes, ( there on already)
NOw i will have an r154 so no diff in tranny gear ratios, only difference now is the diff.
me at 14lbs stock turbo, him at 14lbs stock twins. Both cars behind the rear seats gutted out. Street tires from a 30mph roll. start in 2nd gear.