7M-GTE FEELER THREAD ... Accessory Pulley Kits!

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
Im interested in the oem light weight pulleys... Im with IJ on the fact of the underdrive pulley for the WP it doesnt fit right in my mind. Either way the loss of weight is a plus either way you look at it so Im game.

Champ

NST MK3

Dec 7, 2007
TX
www.NonStopTuning.com
OEM vs NST
l_4d732384ac284222ad5dad32a2f6c9a7.jpg

OEM PS 28oz NST PS 10oz
OEM WP 14oz NST WP 6oz
OEM ALT 6oz NST ALT 2oz

MUCH MORE INFO...
http://nonstoptuning.blogspot.com/2008/11/in-development-nst-toyota-supra-7m.html

These are lightweight, OEM diameter, hard anodized pulleys.

I will be happy to post more info as we move along. You can always call us with any questions as well. Thanks again for the replies and the feedback everyone. Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

:love:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Mike @ NST: Dodging the price questions tends to cause reservation right out of the gate. Is there a reason that you're dodging the price questions? :)

NST MK3

Dec 7, 2007
TX
www.NonStopTuning.com
CajunKenny;1185502 said:
Mike @ NST: Dodging the price questions tends to cause reservation right out of the gate. Is there a reason that you're dodging the price questions? :)

Not trying to dodge any questions of any kind. In fact, look for me on AIM at the screen name "NSTonAIM" or pick up the phone and give us a call and I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

There are a few details that need to be worked out before we can actually post a price. Mainly, the amount of demand and support shown by the community will determine how many pieces are made during the first production run. That alone has A LOT to do with what the final price becomes. Other factors also go into price, and we do not have all of these factors nailed down yet.

Either way, I am very confident that you will be happy with our pricing. Taking a look around our website at our other products and offerings may also give you a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of price.

Many thanks for your interest and the replies, I hope this interest turns into real demand so that we can offer you all some great pieces at even better prices.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
NST MK3;1185831 said:
Not trying to dodge any questions of any kind.

There are a few details that need to be worked out before we can actually post a price. Mainly, the amount of demand and support shown by the community will determine how many pieces are made during the first production run. That alone has A LOT to do with what the final price becomes. Other factors also go into price, and we do not have all of these factors nailed down yet.

Either way, I am very confident that you will be happy with our pricing. Taking a look around our website at our other products and offerings may also give you a rough estimate of what to expect in terms of price.

Fair enough. I would not like to see us pumped for information then find out we can get a new engine for the same price as your pullies! Exaggerated I know; but, you get my point... :icon_bigg

As long as prices aren't out of proportion, count me in for OEM size, Polished. :D

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
I dont mean to bash, but if this is the same NST, as in Non Stop Tuning, I wouldn't buy your parts. IF it IS the same company. I remember when I had an ae86 and was looking into the NST pulley's, Alot of members found they weren't balanced.

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
I must say that as a former MR2 owner, NST made overdrive crank pulleys for the 4agze. Most people on that board (mr2oc.com) were happy with them. Some had issues with cracking on an early production run but were either reimbursed or replaced by a stronger unit. I hope NST has upgraded their customer service from 3 years ago, it was shitty at the beggining from what I read, but got better as the company grew.

AFAIK, they never made underdrive pulleys. I used to run an underdrive pulley made by Unorthodox and it ran fine for 3 years, my only issue was charging at idle, but I ran a fairly low idle for a 4age(800 rpm).

Saying this, I would still not run an underdriven WP pulley on a 7mgte because of the HG issues. If NST made lightened pulleys with the same diameters as stock, Id go for them as long as the price was reasonable. Id like to know the type of aluminum used and a track record of the 1j and 2j pulleys, seeing as they handle roughly the same stresses as a 7m would.

I would guess a full set of pulleys would go for more than $200. Unorthodox made great pulleys, but they cost in the $500 range for a full set for an N/A engine. Then again, quality of metal and strength is a huge issue in these pieces, thats why stockers are made of steel and heavy. The aluminum peices need to be as strong as the stockers or theyre glorified paperweights.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
What HP differences are you going to feel in the real world with these lighter than oem pulleys...?

IJ.;1186152 said:
<nodding> I run the GE Alternators here as they don't burst into flames ;)

Is that a true fact? I might then go to wreckers and grab one from a cressida :)

NST MK3

Dec 7, 2007
TX
www.NonStopTuning.com
As stated earlier, these pulleys are OEM Diameter (same size as stock) lightweight (70&#37; lighter than OEM [stock]) pulleys. There will be NO underdriving of ANY accessory.

l_4d732384ac284222ad5dad32a2f6c9a7.jpg

NST has an EXCELLENT reputation on the following forums. Thousands of customer reviews, and not one single bad review regarding quality, performance, or customer service...

www.ScionLife.com
www.YarisWorld.com
www.Club4AG.com
www.86garage.com
www.XR-Underground.com
www.8thCivic.com
www.houston240sx.com

Please feel free to do a quick search on any of the above forums and read the thousands of reviews.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects everyone!

:icon_bigg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
GIVE US A PRICE!

how many times are you going to post and NOT have even a base line idea for the price?... if you think there going to be around $300, then SAY IT.

and the pulleys arent even listed under the turbocharged pulley kit section... what gives?