7m-gte dowel pin removal question

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Hey guys, its been a while. So, I have some time to work on the old supra motor. I got it all apart but, I can't figure out how to get the two "Dowel Pins" that are on the surface of the block off. I heard vise grips but, I didn't want to go that route. Is there any tool and if so can you someone point me the direction as to where I can acquire this tool or any methods to take the pins off without gouging the surface of the block. Machine shop is a negative.

Thanks,

-SS

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Gotta give the surface of the block an even resurface to get all the left over gasket material off I found out that I can buy some to replace the old ones.

80083r

jetjock;1936316 said:
Ginger.

I never understood the Prof. Anyone that can make a radio out of a coconut should be able to fix a hole in a boat...

He did solve the problem, many times - fixed the hole, built a new boat, airplane, etc. Gilligan managed to screw it up every time. I look forward to the days I DON'T feel like Gilligan :)

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I am going to do it all myself Nick, plus I've tried the vise grips it doesn't work that well. What did I start here with the whole Gilligan thing? LOL

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The advantage to the actual tool (slide hammer with correct size collet) is that the pins can be reused as it doesn't damage them. In the case of the block, there's a quicker way, but not sure if it's advised... You can knock them all the way through into the coolant passage and fish them out with a magnet. Do at your own risk (or if someone that's built more engines says it's fine lol)