750+ whp dyno video and a public service announcement.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
First off I would like to say thanks for all the comments from everyone.

Second, I would also like to say that I don't want to make this seem like all you have to do is throw a bunch of fuel and alot of boost at a 7m and it will make big numbers and it is as easy as that. There was alot of careful prep in a very controlled environment to make this come together. I could not have done this with Jeff, Manning , and Jamey standing there watching and helping me out. Jeff was listening for knock on a system he designed to listen, record, and playback pulls. Manning stood and watched a second wideband throughtout each pull, and Jamey filmed this plus watched fuel psi.
There were two dyno sessions leading up to this, a complete injector rewire to sequential injection, an ignitor change to a 3 channel ignitor from a 95 3000 GT plus ingition phasing change, and constant plug checks. Jeff, Manning, and I tuned this car. We all had input in to what was going on and everyone was a valuable part.

Third, do I have any expectations for this thing to last at these power levels on the street or the track? The answer would be probably not for long. I did this because I set goals for myself and then set off to accomplish them. This is a street car that is a blast to drive and will get you killed or kill somebody in a heartbeat. I like 7m engines and I did this to prove that stock 7m's are very strong and the only person that can put limits on what you do is you. The car made 3 runs over 700 rwhp and has made about 20 runs over 600 rwhp plus at least 40 over 500 rw and better than 100 runs over 400 rw. The car has made 40 passes down the track at over 500 rwhp and still runs great. I would say that is not to bad for a 3 liter engine people put alot of limitations on.

Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jaenWRSdg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Its an amazing accomplishment and one that goes a long way towards balancing the disparaging remarks the 7m sometimes gets. its a testiment to your careful planning, tuning and execution.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
DOWN WITH THE NAY SAYERS!

The 7M lives again!!!!! hahaha
your an inspiration in all honesty, the fact you set such a high goal, then ACHIEVED it, amazing, truly amazing.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Rennat;1022427 said:
DOWN WITH THE NAY SAYERS!

The 7M lives again!!!!! hahaha
your an inspiration in all honesty, the fact you set such a high goal, then ACHIEVED it, amazing, truly amazing.

I don't know about inspiration, but definitely stubborn as hell!

Sean

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Sean,

From the get-go of you building this "stock internal'd" machine....
I didn't know how far you'd go...

But laying down 753rwhp with factory 'Yoda internals is certainly a BIG accomplishment in this community.
You've set the standard now and I'll be shocked to see anyone beat this anytime soon. ;)

Congrats, man. You've proved the odds, and have just jaw-dropped thousands of hearts from the 7M-haters, themselves. :biglaugh:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Amazing what happens when you have people that know what they are doing.

Sean. Nice work on gathering capable tuners to keep an eye on everything! The &m has always had the potential when tuned with the right tool. Start lieing to the stock TCCS and that is when you see motors that need part pickup with a bucket and a shovel :)

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Simply amazing, people will be asking me at work "why do I have this big smile on my face today?" I'm not kidding:icon_bigg

Keep up the good work, Congrats.

PS: Your Q45 TB tps wiring write-up is great and helped me tremendously. You should do one on how to re-wire the injectors from batch to sequential with the AEM. You run an AEM right?

Congrats again

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
turbogate;1022708 said:
Simply amazing, people will be asking me at work "why do I have this big smile on my face today?" I'm not kidding:icon_bigg

Keep up the good work, Congrats.

PS: Your Q45 TB tps wiring write-up is great and helped me tremendously. You should do one on how to re-wire the injectors from batch to sequential with the AEM. You run an AEM right?

Congrats again

The rewire is very simple a straightforward since all your doing is adding three wires. If anyone needs help I can walk them through it. The biggest thing is making sure the settings in the ecu are right.