700 hp on a 1J

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
heard alot of stories of people do it on a stock bottom. There is a vid in the vid section of a black 1j supposingly it is a stock bottom. Obviously you need fuel , turbo and standalone to do it.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
jza71;5310402 said:
Just got back from the dyno and she sure did pretty good for an all stock internal(exept cams). Looks like 8k rpm is a must for these stock engine.

This is at 28psi with 619rwhp:
619rwhp28psihm7.jpg

This at 35psi with 701rwhp:
701rwhp35psizm0.jpg

I know, I know, this is a lag monster but I just wanted to see how much power a stock 1jz engine can handle.

MODs:

APEX-I Power-FC ECU
GM 3bar MAP Sensor
PTE T71 turbo
Crower 272 cams
2 Walbro Pumps
-8an Fuel Line
800cc Sard Inectors
Stock Fuel Rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Home Made T4 manifold
50mm ebay Waste Gate
Home Made 4" Exhaust
RPS 3200lb Clutch

Self Tune Too!

I will take #1 spot for the "Top 10 JZ Powered MK3 Dyno HP/TQ List" now:bigok: .

^^^^^

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's pretty impressive. I dont think I've got the balls to ever run 35psi, but who knows, maybe one day I'll grow a set.

clutchgordon86

n00b-Jersey
Feb 7, 2007
New Jersey
thanks guy. those are pretty impressive numbers for a stock bottom end. if i was shooting for these numbers would it just be easier for me to go 2j? i'm kinda looking for a little streetablity in the thing.

SupraFan55

Inline Engine Enthusiast
May 1, 2007
Florida
suprahero;893654 said:
That's pretty impressive. I dont think I've got the balls to ever run 35psi, but who knows, maybe one day I'll grow a set.

Wouldn't the GT35R be out of efficiency at 35psi Jay? I would like 30psi tops would be the limit on it, what's your a/r btw? .68, .70? I know though that you got an awesome powerband so yeah anything past 25psi is taking off the gloves. :naughty:

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
clutchgordon86;893765 said:
thanks guy. those are pretty impressive numbers for a stock bottom end. if i was shooting for these numbers would it just be easier for me to go 2j? i'm kinda looking for a little streetablity in the thing.

Yeah but I believe in being different. Besides when u are dragracing you want to shift at the top of ur powerband. If it is at 8,000gr who cares ur racing. I have a 1j block because of what i know they can handle stock. I started the whole swap process wrong and at the end it will cost me more money doing it the way I was so I had a change of heart and a 1j longblock going to waste.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
clutchgordon86;893765 said:

yes, more displacment makes it easier to make power.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
SupraFan55;893770 said:
Wouldn't the GT35R be out of efficiency at 35psi Jay? I would like 30psi tops would be the limit on it, what's your a/r btw? .68, .70? I know though that you got an awesome powerband so yeah anything past 25psi is taking off the gloves. :naughty:

I don't know what a/r my turbo is. I do know that at 25psi, it sounded like a beast and IJ said it looked like by the dyno that it was just getting into it's happy zone. I don't remember his exact words, but he was saying the gt35r loved the 25psi range. It might not like the 35psi range though. I have all the faith in the 1jz block, but I would still be scared shitless if I had the boost turned up that high. My 2jz block I'm building is bored +.020 with new pistons, rings and arp rod bolts so I may have a little more faith in it.

SupraFan55

Inline Engine Enthusiast
May 1, 2007
Florida
suprahero;893791 said:
I don't know what a/r my turbo is. I do know that at 25psi, it sounded like a beast and IJ said it looked like by the dyno that it was just getting into it's happy zone. I don't remember his exact words, but he was saying the gt35r loved the 25psi range. It might not like the 35psi range though. I have all the faith in the 1jz block, but I would still be scared shitless if I had the boost turned up that high. My 2jz block I'm building is bored +.020 with new pistons, rings and arp rod bolts so I may have a little more faith in it.

Cliffnote of your post: I have faith with anything stamped JZ on it with boost no matter what level. :D I fully agree with it, like I said on SF, look into a 67mm DBB once you're 1.5jz. A GT35R does like mid 20's as it's compressor map is quite broad and it's why it's powerband is the way it is, also the reason why it's such a popular choice. Got Effiency? :D

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
a 1jz engine should be fine at 2jz power levels (I would think), and here's why. Same bore, and shorter stroke. That would put less lateral force on the crank that makes the crank want to wobble on the mains. Who know, I'm not engine expert, but I believe they both use hypertutecnic (sp) pistons of the same bore. And if they rods are made of the same materials (aka same strength), the shorter rod should be able to withstand more force...... in theory..... in my mind..... in my world

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
gilberjj;895115 said:
a 1jz engine should be fine at 2jz power levels (I would think), and here's why. Same bore, and shorter stroke. That would put less lateral force on the crank that makes the crank want to wobble on the mains. Who know, I'm not engine expert, but I believe they both use hypertutecnic (sp) pistons of the same bore. And if they rods are made of the same materials (aka same strength), the shorter rod should be able to withstand more force...... in theory..... in my mind..... in my world

I concur

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
a 1jz stock bottom will take more than that, it's been done and with no problems. i dont know what people build them, unless they wanted the absolute added security. which i understand.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Yeah seriously, why is there even an aftermarket for JZ internals? YouTube is full of 800-1000rwhp Supras on stock interals lol