600rwhp with stinger

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
So i finally broke 600 today what do you think about the power under the curve car is running a port & polish buy me, and a conservative cam. Boost was at 25psi. Numbers are up quite a bit under the curve jumps 200rwhp from 4-45k.

Attachments

• DSCI0083.jpg
    DSCI0083.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 226

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
3.5" down pipe

3.5" cat back custom by me

Stinger ems

built motor

forged rods/pistons

1000cc injectors

gharrett intercooler

67mm turbo

twin blowoffs

dual pumps

5 angle valve job

modified header

act 6 puck clutch

rebuilt trans 5 speed

tial 44mm wastegate

mild port & polish by me

mild cam

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Quake, did you notice any gains at all when you went with the 3.5" dp and exhaust? Does it sound different, better?

Great numbers. Is this on a 7m? I picked up a lot of horsepower between 4500-5500 also when I went to the Stinger.

Any dyno videos?..........please, pretty please.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
suprahero;1212822 said:
Quake, did you notice any gains at all when you went with the 3.5" dp and exhaust? Does it sound different, better?

Great numbers. Is this on a 7m? I picked up a lot of horsepower between 4500-5500 also when I went to the Stinger.

Any dyno videos?..........please, pretty please.

yeah 7m car has had the stinger on it for a year now just trying to optimize my power. The bigger ex helped alot but i did not want the noise of a 4". Sounds very good and i will post a street vid soon. I did however add a magnaflow full size muffler under the car as my 5" inlet muffler don't do much.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm running the magnaflow also, but it's on a 3". I've been wanting to go with a 3.5". I made the one I've got so I can definately weld up a 3.5", but I"ve got to find an adabpter for my turbo to the 3.5"

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Looks pretty good.. Have you played with fueling between 3.5K and 4.5K rpm? Seems like a bit more fuel might bring that up some looking at the torque curve and AFR's, also whats your Timing at through that range? From the looks of the plot, Im guessing that that range is all durning boost rise, if so you might be able to sneek in a couple degree more timing then what you have along with a bit more fuel and probably pick up some more power there...

What Stinger model are you running and did you data log during the pull?

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Wow, those are some really nice numbers! I was looking at the graph for a while trying to see if it says what engine this is from hahaha. I love how the torque numbers are often close to the hp numbers on the 7M's.

Nice job! :thumbup:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would also like to look at your tune if you dont' mind posting it. I'm interested in your timing chart mainly.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
suprahero;1212836 said:
I would also like to look at your tune if you dont' mind posting it. I'm interested in your timing chart mainly.

Yeah, timing and boost rise / curve is what Im curious of... Above 4.5K rpm, should be pretty good but being it a 7M with its masive stroke making that much power on a very mild cams seems to me that it should have a stronger mid range (2K to 4K RPM)....

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
cjsupra90;1212832 said:
Looks pretty good.. Have you played with fueling between 3.5K and 4.5K rpm? Seems like a bit more fuel might bring that up some looking at the torque curve and AFR's, also whats your Timing at through that range? From the looks of the plot, Im guessing that that range is all durning boost rise, if so you might be able to sneek in a couple degree more timing then what you have along with a bit more fuel and probably pick up some more power there...

What Stinger model are you running and did you data log during the pull?

yeah i did pull fuel during the runs up top and the numbers came up timing was around 21 deg or so at peak tq. I will go back and play more a bit later but over my last sheet i had posted i picked up quit a bit with the changes. Car was on 115 motor octane for a dyno pull i first want to get the boost stable then i play with the tune more

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
suprahero;1212826 said:
I'm running the magnaflow also, but it's on a 3". I've been wanting to go with a 3.5". I made the one I've got so I can definately weld up a 3.5", but I"ve got to find an adabpter for my turbo to the 3.5"

i went to the bigger ar on the turbo at the same time so it was much improved

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
cjsupra90;1212843 said:
Yeah, timing and boost rise / curve is what Im curious of... Above 4.5K rpm, should be pretty good but being it a 7M with its masive stroke making that much power on a very mild cams seems to me that it should have a stronger mid range (2K to 4K RPM)....

i only do a punch from about 3k or so as i would never floor it below 3600, with a 67mm and a .84ar

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
quake;1212852 said:
yeah i did pull fuel during the runs up top and the numbers came up timing was around 21 deg or so at peak tq. I will go back and play more a bit later but over my last sheet i had posted i picked up quit a bit with the changes. Car was on 115 motor octane for a dyno pull i first want to get the boost stable then i play with the tune more

Running 115, you should be able to add back quite a bit more timing but now that I know that you are still playing with it, that makes a difference.. I was under the impression that you were done. The other thing to remember is that as the torque curve starts to fall after peak, you can start adding back timing and this will help slow the torque drop thus increasing HP in the top end...

quake;1212858 said:
i only do a punch from about 3k or so as i would never floor it below 3600, with a 67mm and a .84ar

Good point, but what Im really refering to is 3500 to 4500... your torque curve in that range is concaved and being a 7m and its long stroke and running not having agressive cams, through that range, the curve should easily be a straight inclined line or even somewhat convexted... But this could also be due to your boost rise curve.. If that curve matches the torque curve in that range, then thats how its going to be, but if the boost rise curve is different then the torque rise curve (shape wise) then more tuning is needed in that range most likely....

All in all though, it looks like its got a pretty damn good tune on it minus some ultra fine tuning......

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
suprahero;1212836 said:

well on the street i lock my timing @ 16deg for pump gas on the dyn i run more cause of the octane runs 18 @ 19psi, 19 @ 20psi, 20deg @ 22 and so on from 4k peaks at 22deg @ 30psi

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
cjsupra90;1212874 said:
Running 115, you should be able to add back quite a bit more timing but now that I know that you are still playing with it, that makes a difference.. I was under the impression that you were done. The other thing to remember is that as the torque curve starts to fall after peak, you can start adding back timing and this will help slow the torque drop thus increasing HP in the top end...

Good point, but what Im really refering to is 3500 to 4500... your torque curve in that range is concaved and being a 7m and its long stroke and running not having agressive cams, through that range, the curve should easily be a straight inclined line or even somewhat convexted... But this could also be due to your boost rise curve.. If that curve matches the torque curve in that range, then thats how its going to be, but if the boost rise curve is different then the torque rise curve (shape wise) then more tuning is needed in that range most likely....

All in all though, it looks like its got a pretty damn good tune on it minus some ultra fine tuning......

car is far from being tuned fully and i did not do any in that range this time around i only really payed attention to the 4k and up range this time