6 new members of the house:-). (reptiles)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Picked these Surinam boas up on Tuesday....getting their cages tomorrow but for now they are chillin in their rubbermaids till then:)

my good friend could no longer provide the proper care for these snakes and asked me if I would take them....these boas have bread by big name breeders (Florida redtails, rob tudehope etc)....2 of these boas cost $1000 each and the others about $800!

Snake 1
sm_photo_missing.jpg

snake 2
sm_photo_missing.jpg

snake 3
sm_photo_missing.jpg

snake 4
sm_photo_missing.jpg

snake 5
she is really big and very angry right now...and in shed
sm_photo_missing.jpg

snake 6
sm_photo_missing.jpg

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
i don't care how expensive they are, its a fucking snake!

have an ex who had an albino. guess it was "pretty" but it was a fucking snake!

had one crossing the road in front of me today, it used to be a fucking snake!

now its a belt......

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Their cages:

two 6'x2.5'x18" animal plastics cages for the females

sm_photo_missing.jpg

3'x18.5"x17" for the sub-adult female aquarium

livingroom:

two 4'x2'x15.5" animal plastics cages for the males

sm_photo_missing.jpg

roommates bedroom:

3'x2'x17" aquarium for the baby

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Cages heat is thermostaticly controled by spyderco robotics herpstat....

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

lewis15498;1566425 said:
More importantly has anyone seen fluffy? I cant find her anywhere.....

Guess someone is aware of bob Clark and his retics;-). Btw...fluffy has been sold to the oaklahoma zoo and he now has a huge "fluffy 2" tiger retic that is almost as big.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
The icredibly malnurished male just hammered a frozen/thawed rat for the first time in damn near a year!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Fuzz420;1567131 said:
in for vid of feeding time

Dude so sorry! Just fed a few of them....3 snakes refused food.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Also got this.....

Breeder rack to house all new born baby snakes or to keep smaller species of snakes in:)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
RazoE;1567143 said:
very nice, but It must be a pain when they shit, I know they're stinky as hell..

I've been keeping snakes for a very long time and mine never stink as I'm very anal about cleaning cages! Snakes stink when you don't take care of stuff! Only thing I smell right now sitting here in the livingroom is aspen shavings..

My roommate bitched at first when we got the cages home because the previous owner never washed them...now him and his girl friend says it smells good after I spent 6 hours scrubbing lol.

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
Yeah I had a friend that had a snake that never smelled as well.

Funny thing is I was good friends with the guy since like 3rd grade and never got a chance to see him feed it. One time in like 6th grade his dad gave him a live mouse to feed to it but my dad came to pick me up and I never got to watch it. That asshole.