560cc injectors

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
87mk111;1538942 said:
Just to help me clear up my newbness, whic Rx7's had teh 550's, there's a junkyard about 15 minutes awy from me that has 3 rx7s on thier lot that i was gonna pull some parts off of tomorrow and I was really interested in gettin some injectors.

I think you'd be way better off getting EVO Injectors or an after market set like RC Engineering or Precision. Trying to source 6 good RX-7 Injectors from a junk yard is going to be difficult. Plus if 1 injector is bad it might be too late by the time you find out.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I am running the Evo 560's with a Lex AFM. It's running perfectly with no other tuning, no AFPR or aftermarket fuel pump. Runs as good a stock, just higher boost ;)

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Hey guys...are we talking about 7M here...? Just wanted to know..and also what type of 80-90s Nissan are we talking about? Is there a specific model? And do I need to change the fuel rail, or it the stock one from the 7MGTE ok? Thanks for this info.

johnnyddn

Jul 16, 2006
Las Vegas
Nippon-teku;1543765 said:
Hey guys...are we talking about 7M here...? Just wanted to know..and also what type of 80-90s Nissan are we talking about? Is there a specific model? And do I need to change the fuel rail, or it the stock one from the 7MGTE ok? Thanks for this info.

They are standard bodied Denso injectors so they fit in the 7M fuel rail perfectly fine. I'm not sure where Nissan came up in the discussion but RX-7's are Mazda rotaries and they had 550cc injectors that came stock in them. The EVO's are Mitsubishi Lancers and they included Denso 560cc injectors in all EVO 8's and 9's. The reason the EVO injectors are better is because you can get them with about 10-20k miles on them used. While the RX-7 Injectors were put in cars made over 20 years ago. The EVO Injectors are the 4 hole disc design instead of the single pintle. This design atomizes the fuel much better and they will idle perfectly in 7M's. The 560cc EVO injectors are about the largest size injectors that come OEM in any vehicle. Mitsubishi had to pick a large injector to feed the turbo motor but could deliver precise fuel to idle and pass emissions. If this large injector can idle a 4 cylinder it will have absolutely no issues with our motors.

Nippon-teku

Aug 9, 2009
Hollywood, FL
johnnyddn;1543845 said:
They are standard bodied Denso injectors so they fit in the 7M fuel rail perfectly fine. I'm not sure where Nissan came up in the discussion but RX-7's are Mazda rotaries and they had 550cc injectors that came stock in them. The EVO's are Mitsubishi Lancers and they included Denso 560cc injectors in all EVO 8's and 9's. The reason the EVO injectors are better is because you can get them with about 10-20k miles on them used. While the RX-7 Injectors were put in cars made over 20 years ago. The EVO Injectors are the 4 hole disc design instead of the single pintle. This design atomizes the fuel much better and they will idle perfectly in 7M's. The 560cc EVO injectors are about the largest size injectors that come OEM in any vehicle. Mitsubishi had to pick a large injector to feed the turbo motor but could deliver precise fuel to idle and pass emissions. If this large injector can idle a 4 cylinder it will have absolutely no issues with our motors.

Thanks for the reply....on the 1st page some mention the clips from the 80-90 nissan , thats why i asked the question. But thanks for the break down, I actually learn something on SM today.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
supraguy@aol;1539007 said:
I believe it's the 87-88 turbo model. The car only had 2 injectors each I believe, so you's have to get pretty lucky in that junkyard.

That year RX7 had the S4 clip design, which you WILL need injector clips for. The S5 clip design (90-92 or something like that), for the turbo model RX7, are high impedance but clip right into the stock wiring harness, no injector clips needed.

The 7MGTE has low impedance injectors, meaning the wires run a higher amount of current. Motors with low impedance injectors will work just fine with high impedance injectors (wires are made for high current, and high impedance injectors require a lower current). It will NOT work the other way around.

If you nab injectors out of a junkyard, ALWAYS have them cleaned/flow tested/parts like the pintle caps and o-rings replaced.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Timmie_g;1543762 said:
runs as good as stock?? How do you know this?? Do you have a wideband to monitor A/F ratios or are you just judging that on your experience with the old set up??

Umm because I just went from stock afm/injectors to lex afm/560's. So yea, good as stock. No wideband, still has some nice black smoke when boosting but not running hella rich. I think the lex afm will keep me safe for now. ;)

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
this is the awesomeness...im glad i found this thread...im on the hunt.....now that people are doing this and running them for a while how are they working out over time? any tips tricks or info i should know that hasnt made the thread?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
If the 7M-GTE uses low impedance injectors with an injector resistor box to effectively raise the resistance of the injector's power circuit, would it be possible to run high impedance injectors on a 7M-GTE and disconnect the resistor box?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Who wants to go in with me and get a set of 6 for $200 shipped? I found a guy on e-bay selling some MDL560P's which should be a drop in for us according to this thread. Called the guy and asked him if he'd sell me a set of 6 but he said he'd only sell them in sets of 4 so i proposed to him that i find someone to go in with me to buy 3 sets of 4 and he'd split it between the two of us giving us each 6 injectors and he said that'd be fine.
Here's the link to the auction if anyone wants to see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

PM me if you want in. I really want to get this ball rolling.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
wish i could but christmas is close and i cant really drop the cash till around the first of the year...if by chance your still waiting or interested then ill be down for sure