550cc injector NipponDenso question

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
I bought some Nippondenso 550's from Jose Maeso about a month ago.
He clearly stated that they came of a running MA70.
Part.nr = 19550-2020

After having them cleaned I found out they were high impedance, and not the low impedance ones.

I saw on dr.jonez his site (mkiiitech) that they can be used, but needed some bypassing or something? (They are already altered to fit the stock connectors)

I hope anyone can shed some light as i'm currently at the point where i want to actually use them (i'm rebuilding my 7m)

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yes you can run high imp if you bypass the fuel resistor box. its the silver box w/ fins on the DRIVER side near the strut tower.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Bump to complete this thread with usefull information.

This post made by Jeff Lange on supraforums.com, as an answer to my question:

Jeff Lange said:
What sort of information are you looking for? Find the resistor, bypass the wiring. Basically, find the EFI Resistor, pull it out, and splice all 4 wires that were plugged into it together. Here's the wiring diagram:

Page_046.gif

In normal peoples language the above means something like this:

thevork said:
So if I see and understand correctly from your text and image, there is 1 wire going into the resistor (coming from the ignition) and 3 going out of it (the yellow, black and red ones).

I can either get an extra plug, or just cut them and solder all of them together and i'm done.

This info added now because i've run the high imp. ND 550's for a week now:

I had the injectors cleaned and did the mod exactly the way Jeff explained above.
I've unplugged and cut the plug coming from the resistor, removed the rubber at the back and solderd all the wires together. Next I sealed them off, and plugged it back in. Works like a charm.

My freshly rebuilt 7M is running smoothly now for about 500 miles and with the help of my Zeitronix wideband meter (very good upgrade btw) I can check the health of my engine constantly. It's running very smooth with the 550 High IMPs and lexus afm. My car behaves very very similar to my friends 7M with RC low imp injectors.

So there should be no problem for anyone to get a pair of high imp ND's and do this mod.

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
before i had standalone, i had 550 HIx injectors and i didnt bypass the injector resistor, and my car ran strong, no problems or anything. i dont know if that means anything or not, but yeah.