4U2QUIK's $400 Supra build

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
So here's my $400 supra.
p1103472_1.jpg

lol, it's been one heck of a project so far. When I first got it the sparl plug valley was full of oil, and no one could get it to start. Which is part of why I got it for 400$ .hahah well, it turned out that the oil wasn't the only problem. The gas tank was empty, and the float was stuck so the guage was reading 1/2 a tank which was the only real reason why the engine wouldn't start.

here's some more pics
p1103472_2.jpg

p1103472_3.jpg

p1103472_4.jpg

p1103472_5.jpg

after driving it around for awhile the transmission went out so i ended up replacing it. while i was doing that I checked the condition of the turbo..... it was pretty much toast so I went ahead and adapted a t3/t4 60-1. here's some pics.

p1103472_6.jpg

p1103472_7.jpg

p1103472_8.jpg

p1103472_9.jpg

p1103472_10.jpg

p1103472_11.jpg

p1103472_12.jpg

then after that I noticed my front suspension was shot, so i decided to rebuild it. New poly bushings and toikico's to replace this.

p1103472_13.jpg

anyone have any ideas how this happened?

here's th fix.
p1103472_14.jpg

p1103472_15.jpg

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
haha good luck mate looks like you have one fun ride ahead of you :p but at least its all ready and screaming "MOD MEEEEE"

mk3supra91

Jun 21, 2007
Jersey
God I hate those type s seat covers! I had the on mine when I got my car, Now I have nice cloth, lol. Good luck with the build!

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Rennat;1103813 said:
i didnt think you had that much work... but i guess i didnt look at the car enough. lol
nice turbo setup though!

you ever find a turbo throttle body?

lol, it's a big pile of dent. I'm suprised you didn't notice, but then again you were standing on the nice side of the car most of the time.
and yeah, i ordered one off of e-bay for cheaper than I could get one out of the yard for. it should be here either late this week or early next week.
by the way, I'm looking for a passenger side fender also. I know you said there's no turbo supras @ pnp, but were there any at all with decent fenders last time you were there?

mk3supra91;1103661 said:
God I hate those type s seat covers! I had the on mine when I got my car, Now I have nice cloth, lol. Good luck with the build!
I hate them too, they're one of the biggest wastes of money I ever spent on my car. But, the upside is that it keeps my dogs hair off my good condition seats.

Shima;1103575 said:
haha good luck mate looks like you have one fun ride ahead of you :p but at least its all ready and screaming "MOD MEEEEE"
it's already lots of fun, and yeah, it is screaming mod me more!!!
Thanks.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
fenders are normally always in good condition, especially the pass. side...

and sweet shit on the TB... i cant wait till you get that all done, if you need anybody to 'test' it let me know!

and i might... i had forgotten about it, im gonna hit up my buddy and see what he says is up for this weekend.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
4U2QUIK;1103880 said:
i almost forgot, are you going to TTT this weekend?
looks like they flaked again

mk3design;1103995 said:
Nice find!!!!! I got my $400 supra w/no engine or trans. Your lucky :)
mine may as wel have been without an engine or transmission. I've already replaced the tranny, and it looks as if i either have bad valve guides or i have the imfamous bhg. Which means I'll be building a new engine soon enough.

Rennat;1104024 said:
fenders are normally always in good condition, especially the pass. side...

and sweet shit on the TB... i cant wait till you get that all done, if you need anybody to 'test' it let me know!

and i might... i had forgotten about it, im gonna hit up my buddy and see what he says is up for this weekend.

yeah if i ever make it out to pnp. I just started getting eveything back together.
and yeah We'll test partson your car.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
once this thing is smogged, its probably goin up for sale for a lot cheaper than i want to... but it dpenends if i get it painted or not for hella cheap. we'll see what happens though. it should be interesting.

TTT - i have NO idea wtf is going on with that... my friend who on there little 'committe' thing is like 'i have no idea whats going on..." lol

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
so here's a update, I got the front end worked out pretty good, still needs some finishing.

p1111744_1.jpg

nice straight fender.

here's the front i decided to go with.

p1111744_2.jpg

doing some test fitting
p1111744_3.jpg

i used some wood working clamps with the pads taped over so it wouldn't be as likely to crack the bumper
p1111744_4.jpg

p1111744_5.jpg

i ended up glassing in the factory bumper mounts to help mout this thing in the right place.
p1111744_6.jpg

it worked out pretty well.
p1111744_7.jpg

p1111744_8.jpg

p1111744_9.jpg

p1111744_10.jpg

p1111744_11.jpg

and here fina;;y back on te ground and re-assembled... kinda. it still needs some finish fitting
p1111744_12.jpg

p1111744_13.jpg

p1111744_14.jpg

p1111744_15.jpg

p1111744_16.jpg

p1111744_17.jpg

thanks for lookin

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
looks good so far, gl with your build.
when i first saw the title i thought you were meaning you were building a supra on a $400 budget, that had me comfused. i feel like an idiot now, lol.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i would try and make the pipe follow like stock, just because it sets you up for a better angle into the fender.

nice bodykit... bumper is rather 'cat-fish' looking... but it'll feed a nice FMIC allll day.

my car? yup, im still gonna sell it... im thinking 4500... which all it needs is paint and it would be an awesome car.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
now that I've seen it in person I definately have to say it looks like it's gonna be pretty damn nice.
I got some more updates today

here's the compressor wheel i decided to use
sm_photo_missing.jpg

just kiddin haha.

I got my clear corners on this week. they're gonna look sick after i get the car painted.
p1118202_1.jpg

and i got my sideskirts in this week also
p1118202_2.jpg

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
but anyhow this last thursday after work I filled up my gas tank, and when i went to start back up it just wouldn't. I tracked it down to a no fuel problem. Since i bought my walbro off of e-bay like an idiot i figured i must have bought a fakebro. so i dropped my tank after testing all of the wires going to the pump, and i also tried hooking up the pump direct while it was still in the tank and i couldn't hear the usual walbro howl that i hear.
Soooooo I went ahead and dropped my tank after emptying all 16 gallons out of it.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

after I got the pump out i tested it out of the tank and it works fine... WTF!?!?!?!?!?
So since i'm still running the stock fpr with the j-tube bypass I believe that the stock fpr took a crap, and since the j-tube is removed, that the fuel is just going straight back to the tank. and since there is no load on the pump it's not making enough noise to be heard while inside the tank. So I'm going to try installing a aftermarket fpr.
here's a post with some of my questions.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79105

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
ok, wtf? I just hooked everything up after finding nothing wrong with the pump or wiring, and the car starts right up. Grrrrrr......... must have been a botched splice..... ahhh well i guess it's a good thing i just redid all of the wiring with glue filled splices, and i put shrink wrap over them also on top of making sure every splicce could take a good tug