450HP 7MGTE SP61GT Build - Need suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I have decided to have legendofaces.com rebuild my engine with their Package 2. It consists of the following:

Clevite 77 Main Bearings
Clevite 77 Rod Bearings
ARP Main Stud Kit
ARP Rod Bolts
Polished Crank
Toyota Piston Rings
Brass Freeze Plug Kit
Fel Pro Gasket Set
ARP Head Stud Kit
Goodyear Timing Belt
Aftermarket Timing Belt Tensioner
Thermostat
High Flow Water pump
Titan Motorsports 1.4mm Metal Head Gasket
Block Cleaning (Baking Process)
Cylinder Honing
Line Bore Block
Block Resurfacing and Lapping
Crank Polishing
Line Bore Rods
Three Angle Valve Job
Cylinder Head Resurfacing and Lapping

This rebuild package is rated at handling 4-500hp. I plan on replacing the CT26 with a SP61GT turbo. My target with the SP61 is 450 crank hp. With that in mind, what supporting mods would you recommend? I'm relatively clueless concerning fuel and engine management. I will be replacing all coolant hoses, and I will replace the radiator with an aftermarket one, just not sure which. I am also considering a FFIM to accommodate a larger intercooler. I already have the ebay recirc ddp from 935, as well as a 3" HKS exhaust. I have a Greddy Profec B2 boost controller, and an Apexi timer.

Thanks for any and all suggestions, and as always, I will include build pics of the entire process.

Ben

Attachments

• supra6.jpg
    supra6.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 36
  • supra7.jpg
    supra7.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 99

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
hey, well it just depends on your budget.

There are a few options you can do a 550/LEX walbro/ afr and a good tune could get you close to that. or you can do a maft pro,aem,etc.

if your budget is small id say the 550/lex/afr/walbro/safc and good tune.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Hi, that looks like a good start to a strong 7m, id get the crank balanced with the harmonic balancer as well.And you might want a new oil pump thrown in especially if its got a few miles on it.Whats a high flow water pump? are they made by toyota?
Another handy gadget for the 7m is the remote oil filter/cooling kit that makes regular oil changes a breeze and helps a little with the cooling after the intended power level increases.
It all looks good so far, looking forward to seeing the finished product:icon_bigg

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Thanks for the suggestions. The oil pump will be replaced, and my mechanic Keith mentioned shimming the oil pump as well. The oil filter will be relocated and an oil cooler will be incorporated.

As for the air/fuel components, I'm leaning towards the complete fuel kit that suprasport offers, which includes the lex afm, injectors and such.

I'm not sure about the 'high flow water pump'. I'll check with the builder.

Ben

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Your fuel system will need at least 550 injectors just to be on the safe side.
Your fuel pump is also going to be replaced to be on the safe side and you can do that with a denso or walbro.
The guys "jacking your thread" wouldve had some great advice, i personally wouldve encouraged there activity. 1J was giving you information on your engine and crank bearings which you obviously dont give two shits about by deleting the info. A bit of humour in a thread goes a long way.
Luck with the build.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I was joking about the thread jacking! There are some replies that were deleted after my "thread jacking" post, that basically were back and forthing, and ending in someone saying, "what was this thread for anyway". I was adding on to that comment with my "thread jacking" comment. All tongue in cheek.

I do appreciate all the help and advice I've received on this forum.

Ben

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Eh, I'd hold off on that MHG until you find out how much material has been removed from the block and head if you're aiming for close to the same compression ratio as the motor was intended to have.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
My SP61gt set-up made 430rwhp with 16psi. My engine is a stock 168k mile bottom end, and the head has Comp-cams valve springs and a 2.0mm Cometic MHG, with .009" taken off the head when the gasket was installed. For fuel I had rebuilt 440cc injectors, Aeromotive AFPR kit from Supra Sport set at 43psi at idle, DM fuel pulsation damper delete line, Walbro 255lph pump with the 12v mod. I also have a lexus AFM. The SP61gt should have no problems making 450bhp.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
wiseco7mgt;1145977 said:
Your fuel system will need at least 550 injectors just to be on the safe side.
Your fuel pump is also going to be replaced to be on the safe side and you can do that with a denso or walbro.
The guys "jacking your thread" wouldve had some great advice, i personally wouldve encouraged there activity. 1J was giving you information on your engine and crank bearings which you obviously dont give two shits about by deleting the info. A bit of humour in a thread goes a long way.
Luck with the build.

I didn't delete anything, and probably don't even have the authority to do so.

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I just sent Pat at Legend of Aces the check for the build, so we should be underway pretty soon! I went with the Package 2 with clear cam gear cover, and the core has a 6M crank. I ordered all new coolant hoses from the Toyota dealership here (Thanks Brad). And I'm hoping that Keith (my mechanic friend) won't mind installing my Profec B2 when he swaps my engine. That would be a good time to install the cooleeze IC pipes as well. Hmmm, maybe I should order a new spearco replica IC from DM!

It's easy to spend money on these things. Hundreds turn into thousands real quick!

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I just placed a large order with SupraSport. Man, it was sort of scary hitting that last "Confirm Order" button! This is what I'm getting:

Lipp Boss Jr. 60-1 with Install kit
RC 550 Injectors and clips
Spearco replica
Oil filter relocation kit
ACT HD 6 Puck clutch
B&M Oil Cooler
NGK plugs

I'll be sure to post pics as I receive the items. Thanks for all the help Jack!

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.