87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
935motorsports said:
2JZ alternator is finally hooked up

Works well so far, only time will tell if there are any isssues. The 2JZ alternator has 1 more rib then the 7M. I am using the 7m belt with one rib not used on the alternator. If you get an older 2JZ alternator or a 1JZ alternator, it will have the same plug as 7M. I used a newer 2JZ alternator, so it had an oval shaped plug. I will post pinouts for that conversion soon.

Also the 2JZ alternator uses a larger stud/nut for the battery output, so you have to change the spade connector to one with a larger hole.
Can you post a picture of your modded alt bracket. I'm thinking of going to a larger alt.Kick ass thread too. GL

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Take it to the largest stereo dealer in town. Those guys that do HUGE sound systems rebuild alts, usually. Or a battery house, pardon they slang if you know what I mean.

Toyota tod me I could not get an alt. from them larger than 80 amps. I was thinking of boosting mine because of my msd gear. But everyone seems to think that the 70 amp oem is fine.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
My lights dim alot when im idling at night, or when my system is on during the day. I've tried 2 other alts. and they dont seem to make a difference is why i was asking. Sorry for the question, i dont mean to jack the thread

A-model_

Jun 7, 2006
TX
Anymore Info. on the 2jz dizzy? Details on the mounting. also what brand are those sprakplug wires that you used? Do you have them on your website?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
He's still running an AFM. If you read the thread you'd find he's running all of the electronics from a 7m-GTE.... different type of AFM.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
The next step, most likely, is to install the ACIS system and see how it feels. Even though it is a cressida engine, it is on a Supra ECU. That rich midrange could be related to the ECU expecing the ACIS system in place.

StillChasing1

Jun 6, 2009
Orlando Florida
Okay I started reading this and it has been killing me the entire time I went through this thread. Im new to working on this engine seeing as how I just recently got my Supra. What exactly did you need to purchase and where did you purchase the parts to turbo the 7m-ge? Ive looked through various threads and only found bits and pieces of the information I need and it still has not been enough to piece the puzzle together. i understand that you need a new ecu and some other electronics but what exactly do I need? And I cant find parts for this engine to save my life! Ugh... Its been driving me crazy, Im a Marine in So Cal and cars is what I do in my spare time, but this has been driving me mad, I have never converted a non turbo engine to turbo before I have upgraded turbocharged cars with larger turbo but a monkey can do that.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
935motorsports;1348985 said:
I'll be trying to find cheap ways to improve the top end.

Retard the intake cam about 2-4 crank degrees or 1-2 cam degrees for a nice top end.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Retard the intake cam about 2-4 crank degrees or 1-2 cam degrees for a nice top end.

I'm advanced +2 intake, retard -3 exhaust

The top end isn't bad, I think it's a little better than many stockish dynos I've seen.

I'm also using a 2" lower piece, smaller than the MK3 one. If I don't use the header, I'll be converting the lower have to full 2.5".

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
935motorsports;1349139 said:
I'm advanced +2 intake, retard -3 exhaust

The top end isn't bad, I think it's a little better than many stockish dynos I've seen.

I'm also using a 2" lower piece, smaller than the MK3 one. If I don't use the header, I'll be converting the lower have to full 2.5".

Just try the intake at zero and do a road test. If you dont like it put it back.

Easy peasy.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
I remember reading somewere here about the amount of advance and retard for one tooth of the cam gears, can't remember what it is though. You guys know? If I was to move the exhaust gear one tooth retarded, what degrees would that be? Or one tooth advance on the intake? I believe with my cams I would benefit some, just don't have the adjustable gears or the money for them right now.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
AJ'S 88NA;1349308 said:
I remember reading somewere here about the amount of advance and retard for one tooth of the cam gears, can't remember what it is though. You guys know? If I was to move the exhaust gear one tooth retarded, what degrees would that be? Or one tooth advance on the intake? I believe with my cams I would benefit some, just don't have the adjustable gears or the money for them right now.

1 tooth is 15 crank degrees or 7.5 cam degrees and is way too much.