4:30 lsd diff to 3.91 lsd

Mando

Oct 18, 2012
east bay, cali
Hey guys , I'm currently planning on going 7m na-t and already aquired a parts car. So I was thinking of swapping my 4:30 LSD to the 3.91 LSD from the parts car which is a 87 turbo. Question is: I will Keep the w58 and wanted to know if it will be a straight bolt on or what modifications will need to be done in order to fit and work properly. I did search but couldn't find a straight answer . Thanx in advance

Mando

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I hated my 4.3 with my BPU 7M NA-T. Nothing but wheel spin and constant shifting. My car is much faster with the 3.73.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
You can't swap the speedo gear from an R154 to a W58.

Your speedo will be 10% out, so if it says 100, you'll be doing 110. It's exactly 10%. You can fix the speedo needle with the spring adjust, but the odometer will still be wrong. It's not hard to get used to, though I had to explain the "times 1.1" factor on my mileage expense reports for a while. :p

For the number of years that I ran that way, there's a fairly large overall correction that should be applied tot he gauge in my car by now.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
AbsoluteSpeed;1908426 said:
Lol your like a vulture, swooping in in someone's leftovers.

I've been looking for a 4.30 LSD My car will be insane with those gears so don't hate :)

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
BoostMonger;1908454 said:
I've been looking for a 4.30 LSD My car will be insane with those gears so don't hate :)

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Turbos love tall gears. Faster spool. More time in boost. Better mpg.

Mando

Oct 18, 2012
east bay, cali
Sorry for super late reply guys. Couldn't find the thread lol. I'm just going to be trading the 4.30 for anything related to my build .i won't have space to save it. I've never swapped a diff so do I just unbolt the drive shaft axles and supports and swap the whole thing or just the inside of it ? Again sorry for the extra noobness lol thx.

Mando

Oct 18, 2012
east bay, cali
Dan_Gyoba;1920142 said:
Just swap the whole carrier. It's easy to do, and no problems. Just remember that you'll be driving at 110% of what the speedo says.
ok got you thx . Thanks a lot to everyone.