3sgte-best motor toyota ever made

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
csnow said:
I sold it to a kid in Tampa. Not sure if it's still around or not. I just couldn't get over the uncontrolability of the car. It was built with forged rods, pistons, large plenum intake, standalone....the works. I bought it already built from a guy who got into money issues. I bought my MKIII after I sold the celica.
What did you like better??

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
daledoe said:
What did you like better??

I like the MKIII much better. I am in the middle of a 2J swap but the 3SGTE Celica would have smoked my previous 7M that I had in the Supra. I am sure the T67 2J will be much faster. I will never own another FWD turbo car again. I would love to build a 3SGTE all-trac celica...that would be a nasty car.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
csnow said:
I like the MKIII much better. I am in the middle of a 2J swap but the 3SGTE Celica would have smoked my previous 7M that I had in the Supra. I am sure the T67 2J will be much faster. I will never own another FWD turbo car again. I would love to build a 3SGTE all-trac celica...that would be a nasty car.
^_^ thats what I'm getting for a winter car... 165 though.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Big Wang Bandit said:

Throwing this out right now --

Import Tuner said:
The owner tells us that the car makes over 700hp at 8,800 RPM, but that the torque number is still unknown.

In other words, the owner is a fucking liar. HP = (RPM * Torque)/5252

If you don't know what the torque is, you can not KNOW what the hp is. Pisses me off, sorry guys and gals!

[/rant]

*Edit*

Sorry to say guys, but if I ever pull the 7M, an LSx series motor will be taking its place :)

All aluminum turbo V8 ftw.

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
SupraOfDoom said:
There are a few 800rwhp MR2's out there.

And they make 2.2 strokers for the 3s... I mean thats not far from a 1J, and generally they come in lighter cars. The ST165 alltrac weights like 2900lbs.

you can make a budget 2.2 stroker and use the block, crank and rods from a 5sfe with 3sgte pistons and head.....

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
SupraOfDoom said:
There are a few 800rwhp MR2's out there.

And they make 2.2 strokers for the 3s... I mean thats not far from a 1J

:icon_bigg

LOL That put me on the floor...

supraracer49 said:
Umm.... Here's your torque

720hp @ 8500rpm and 637nm of torque at 7800rpm at 1.8bar [26.1psi] ! !

720hp @ 8500rpm = 444.875nm of torque. :nono:

637nm @ 7800rpm = 946.039hp? Right... All from 2litres. :sarcasm:

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
vas85 said:
637nm @ 7800rpm = 946.039hp? Right... All from 2litres. :sarcasm:

Team Scion's 2.4 and 2.7 liter Tacoma engines make 1400 hp. I was with them on the dyno when this happened.

Evo 8's and 9's have made 900+hp on 2 liters also.

Making power out of any engine takes lots of Science and lots of money.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
The 3SGE does not need an adapter plate.
There is a 4th GEN 3SGE it comes factory with a close ratio 6 speed.
It produces more power per ltr then most domestic cars.
With out a turbo it produces ~215hp and is one of the best toyota engines ever built it haves VVTI on both intake and exhaust yet haves strong internals unlike most other VVTI engines haves no problems with bolt on turo kits and can produce well over 500hp with these kits.
This engine also have a high RPM range with a lenier power band it revs clear up to 8500RPM(fuel cut)

Even with out a turbo kit but with a stand alone ecu and side draft TB it produced over ~275 WHP bill sherwoods fraser mini cars the first before areil atom mini car!

With turbo kits these engines can move supras like top secrets 2000 hks altezza made out of CF and several other cars like the ultimate celica these can make over 500HP

but the amount of $$ and the weight of the supra would not allow this to work well!

However my other project involves a 1969 opel gt it weighs only 1800lbs loaded and with the beams engine roughly at 1800lbs and 250hp with bolt on mods will produce low 10s with the right gearing from this 6 speed.

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
you dont even need that bellhousing from the altezza. you can still get a 1s-u bellhousing from a corona and that will let you put the 3sge or 3sgte rwd with the w58 trans.

the Altezza 6 speed is the same transmission as Tacoma X-Runner

the best 3sgte stock for stock came in the 2005 toyota caldina in japan (celica all-trac wagon), its dual vvti turbo and the last gen motor from the factory put out 280ps

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I would like to see the specs for the 2005 toyota caldina every where i look it says 260ps factory i dont know that it is dual vvti toyota did make one other beams style dual vvti 3sge or something it was a red top 3sge but it had less power then the blacktop 210hp either way the blacktop altezza engine makes more power then the factory 6 cylinder US version IS300

SirLoki

Aug 8, 2007
Fullerton
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
I would like to see the specs for the 2005 toyota caldina every where i look it says 260ps factory i dont know that it is dual vvti toyota did make one other beams style dual vvti 3sge or something it was a red top 3sge but it had less power then the blacktop 210hp either way the blacktop altezza engine makes more power then the factory 6 cylinder US version IS300

ill see if i can dig u a sales brochure i had on the caldina..... the highest model actually had the 280ps on the 3sgte but now that i think about, it came equipped with the TRD ct20 turbo upgrade. the redtop 3sge came from the 1999 mr2 spyder when it still looked like an sw20 but had the funky rear end, the redtop 3sge was a single vvti rated at 200ps

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
The more I look into 3SGTE modding the more I'm impressed. Although the full exhaust systems for 3S cars seem like a huge jip.

The 2.2 Stroker is very affordable, especially when you compare it to the 2JZ strokers ( FUCKING RIDICULOUS! ). This site charges $2000 w/ core charge for a 2.2 shortblock. http://www.atsracing.net/strokershortblock.htm

And the Turbo kits look pretty affordable as well, which reminds me you guy should read about the "CT-27".
http://www.atsracing.net/turbochargers_and_kits.htm

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
One thing i recently found out is toyota now finaly plans to bring Dual VVTI engines back! due to their added fuel efficiency the camry rav4 scion engine will be the first to do as such and it will add a good 20hp duh.

Dual VVTI ='s intake and exhaust cams adjusting while the engine is running releasing a lot more power through out the engine power band and better economy toyota had this since way before 2000yr why wait till 8 years later to bring it to the US in dual vvti form ?

The next gen VVTI will be electronicaly actuated instead of through a oil hydrolic system

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
3sgte in mk3 whould be pimp but only the 3rd gen 3sgte

tom's castrol supra ran the 3sgte in there race car's

i remmber reading a add abought them asking why they did not run the 2jz or 1jz

answer was motor sit's way farther back and is lighter and 500 hp is easy as pie with these motors and the power band is simluer to the 2jz

again this is full out race car thou